Planet Exploration

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello! A friend and I were discussing the game while playing yesterday, and we came up with a few things we'd like to see. There needs to be more reason to visit planets. At the moment there's no real reason for it.

Ground based combat with handheld weapons like blasters, rovers with wheels, landing gear for ships, AI that will inhabit planetary bases (Both hostile and nuetral). The ground based combat could even be applied to boarding enemy ships and taking them from the inside or exploring derilect ships (ALA Space Hulk).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s a good idea! Funny my friend and I had the same discussion last night :p. But yeah more reasons to land on a planet, ground combat with guns or whatever is fun, Boarding like you said. Maybe Ruins or city/settlement of aliens friendly neutral or hostile.

P.S. Maybe Oceans? That would be nice!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All that you mentioned are planned.

But I do agree that the planets need more to them, more purpose for you to stay there for a longer period. Larger, more detailed planets...double-sided at that would be awesome. Being able to interact with the alien locals should be interesting, and finding ruins and civlizations at that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    handheld weapons. As for ground based vehicles, perhaps another block named \"vehicle core,\" or something along those lines, that enables a player to build a vehicle that is bound to a planet\'s gravity. My opinion on planets is that they are not currently big enough to host large settlements without taking up the entire planet\'s surface. I\'ve seen other people throwing around the idea of planets with varying sizes throughout the game.

Reaction score
    I\'m pretty sure people have talked about needing mobs and more reason to explore planets before but rovers is something i could really get behind, even though the planets are quite small. Perhaps that would be cool to add as well. Different size planets with there own gravity and inhabitants.