Planet environment idea thread

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Please post your ideas for whacky planet environments here!
    • Deep underground in green planets, generate caverns with bioluminescent fungi!
    • Atmospheric color varies somewhat within planet types
    • Water volcanoes on ice planets, complete with liquid underwater caverns to explore (kind of like exploring through lava, but colder)
    • Abandoned space labs overgrown with life from a completely different type of planet (escaped specimens)
    • Planets covered by weird fog at low altitude, and weird-looking swirly clouds with lightning in the upper atmosphere. Hovering/floating manta ray-like fauna that feed on lightning. Coral-like flora.
    • Atmosphere that makes your vision rosy-tinted and slightly wobbly if you take your helmet off
    • Planet covered entirely by water with a lush, peaceful bottom and damaging plasma storms with very little air above the water.
    Perhaps these won't be explicitly programmed, but rather made as possibilities in a procedural system? In any case, this is a brainstorm thread. Go crazy!

Reaction score
    Planet made up of gas (maybe possible to be mined)

some Planets have rings

Trees

crashed pirate ships

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Shine teased us with that gif and hasn't said anything about planets ever since. I'm actually working on some low-lag DIY planets to bridge the gap.

It would be nice if you could have always on gravity generators for the different faces.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    These would be so cool! :)

On a couple PVP servers, I've been leaving random stuff on planets for people to stumble upon.
    • Structures
    • Factories
    • Ships
    • Treasure caves with loot in them. ;-)
    They're nothing major, but hopefully bring a wee surprise to the players.
    [doublepost=1504041185,1504041072][/doublepost]Oh, I also leave ships floating in space loaded with random stuff.
    As well as leaving ships and stuff on the odd Derelict here and there. Like a ship docked to the anchor of shipyards.
    If you find one of these, it's most likely left there by me. :)
    [doublepost=1504041219][/doublepost]All unfactioned by the way.

Reactions: jayman38

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    When I exhaust the resources of a planet or if war breaks out nearby, I sometimes evacuate the area and intentionally leave the planet with the remnants of an abandoned/ruined. city.

Reaction score
    When I exhaust the resources of a planet or if war breaks out nearby, I sometimes evacuate the area and intentionally leave the planet with the remnants of an abandoned/ruined. city.
    maybe they can incorporate a few of those ruins into the game so not all planets are barren

of course some planets could have a acidic atmosphere to cold or to hot making them unlivable just like the real deal

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    it would be interesting to have caves on planets that have large crystalline formations made of the game's already existing glowing crystal blocks. something looking like this perhaps? crystalsmexico.jpg