Planet Devbuild Help

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm a dumb idiot man who doesn't know how Java works. Anybody able to more clearly explain how this planet snapshot works?

Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So obviously a startup argument must be a script run upon restarting the program. But how do I go about inserting it? In what file, after what line etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Idle curiosity... I do not see this in the Dev-releases... where / who is this file from?

So obviously a startup argument must be a script run upon restarting the program. But how do I go about inserting it? In what file, after what line etc.
    ... it belongs in the:
    StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
    StarMade-dedicated-server-windows.bat
    StarMade-dedicated-server-macosx.command

Edit: or command-line execution of starmade.jar, (but I'm no linux / command-line pro*)...
    It may also be worth noting: new planets are quite big, Potato computers will not be able to handle both server/client, you will crash.

Open the files with an editor like: Notepad++, (any text editor should work, Notepad++ is geared for programming languages).

Last edited:

Alendon

Programmer
    Reaction score
    Ok, i created a command to run the new star made build. 1. To say, if you get an error like class layout version 0.55 is not supported highest version supported is 0.52, its a problem, that you have an older java version installed and not the java 11. if you have the Java 11 installed check your System Path Variables, if this also create a Problem, you can manually start the java.exe in the bin folder of your Java installation (for Linuc folk, i dont know how to do, or if its even a possible Problem).
    Here the Script (works for both Linux and Windows):
    Code:
    java --illegal-access=permit -Xms2G -Xmx8G -jar StarMade.jar -force
    To Change the Planet Type you have to edit (like schema wrote) the settings.cfg, i didnt found the config ingame, so you have to restart the game every time.

And a last Tip from me, if you spawn in the world, jump directly to an adjustant sector. In my last Planet Builds test i got every time stuck in the planet if i didnt jumped bevor the planet generates.

Alendon

Programmer
    Reaction score
    And my personal Script for the system path Problem is the following:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.5\bin\java.exe" --illegal-access=permit -Xms2G -Xmx8G -jar StarMade.jar -force
    Probably you have to adjust the path a little bit, as you maybe have another java 11 version installed

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    WTF? If this whole experimental build is just about six styles of the new type of planets, which we can check out only one at a time, in such an inconvenient, convoluted way, why not just make an official promo video using some nice teaser clips of each?

Speaking of which... Can some of you guys who know how to load those planets for yourselves shoot and share some sceenshots/video material of them?

Would save a lot of pointless struggle for a lot of us.

Reactions: Tsnonak
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    WTF?
    Would save a lot of pointless struggle for a lot of us.

ok... enough BS.

with the current 201.378 release goto settings.cfg, find the line "SECRET = none", replace none with " NUPLANET".
    create a new world.
    like the googledoc states... buggy
    like I stated... potatoes will crash
    use at your own risk!

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    with the current 201.378 release goto settings.cfg, find the line "SECRET = none", replace none with " NUPLANET".
    create a new world.
    Thanks! ...Will try.

EDIT:
    It worked. And it's nice. 850-diameter, 20-faced ball, with pretty well-rounded "plates". Also has three oceans, lots of rivers and other nice stuff.

Here's a little piece of photographic proof... Those who manage to load the other five styles in the new snapshot build, please share your own screenshots, ideally better ones than this.

starmade-screenshot-0001.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Open the files with an editor like: Notepad++, (any text editor should work, Notepad++ is geared for programming languages).
    I think that's only for use windows systems, not for Linux or Mac.
    If i am wrong thing, then tell it me please.

I don't know a Linux Version of the program.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thanks! ...Will try.

EDIT:
    It worked. And it's nice. 850-diameter, 20-faced ball, with pretty well-rounded "plates". Also has three oceans, lots of rivers and other nice stuff.
    Hmmm... That's bigger than I had anticipated...

Looks like I'll need to design a larger orbital ring.

Reaction score
    There is certain level of cool in new planets! Also, collision seemed to work now, at least for thruster stick ship.

Looking forward to getting these replace the basic planets and getting all the settings in-game. At least in dev build the planet is fairly big, and takes some time to load, so I was wondering if I could make them smaller. Is there a way to configure nuplanet size at the moment?