Votes: 1 16.7%
    • no

Votes: 2 33.3%
    • way to OP!!!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The idea is pretty simple if you kill an enemy ship and you really like it just pop on a replacement core once you kill it and start making repairs and off you go with the spoils of war.

Would be interesting to see how this would effect faction warfare. The loser has to make a hole new fleet and the winner gets a hole lot of new once that need a bit of fixing up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A continuance of this might be to permit multiple cores per ship (but have them add mass). In this way, a large ship could have five or ten cores that you would need to overheat in order to destroy the ship.

Reaction score
    i believe that if a shipcore is overloading you can enter it in astronaut mode, stop it from overheating, and essentially take over the ship. (or whats left of it) how ever even if thats the case i would actually prefer it not to be possible.

one i think ship core should be much more valuable then they are.

and two, if the ship is so damaged that its user died or was forced to abandon it, then it shouldn't be in any pilotable condition. i also cant help but compare things to star trek. if the enterprises warp core is about to breech and they all have to abandon ship because they cant stop it. then an alien/enemy wouldn't be able to magically stop the core breech either. (ok, except for Q) so they wouldn't be able to claim the enterprise for themselves. the best they could do is maybe salvage some materials off it before they get away from the explosion. which is how i think things currently are in starmade. (again, not sure if you can still enter an overloading core, but i know you could at some point in the past, and hopefully an actual explosion from the core will be added soon)

but anyway thats jsut my 2 cents. obviously starmade isn't star trek. but i can dream.... :p

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can, indeed, enter overloading cores to take over the ship. I use that to gather a few extra blocks from dead Isanths.

Other than maybe extending the time that the ship takes to explode (indefinitely?), what's the difference between the original concept of this thread and the current process of entering an opposing ship's core to override the overload sequence?

I do love the idea of multiple cores. That reminds me of old video games where you had to blow this component up, blow that component up, and then go after the main bridge/reactor/bomb/whatever to finish off the boss ship. A prime example is having to take out the two deflector shield globes on a Star Wars Star Destroyer before finally taking it down.

Edit: There should be some sort of negative effect when using multiple cores to offset the advantage. For instance, maybe each added core cuts the energy storage from the main core in half. (2 cores: you only have a base energy storage of 25k, plus whatever you get from energy storage blocks, 3 cores: you only have 12k, 4 cores, you only have 6k, etc.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I suggest having each core increase in mass by an order of magnitude... 1-10-100-1000 etc. in this way, only really large ships can afford to have multiple cores

Reactions: AsherMaximum
    Reaction score
    I heard they want to add a hp system so overheating a core is not more neccesary, only thing the core does is controll the ship so if you had a replacememt core and a chair and viewscreen and your first core goes down, you dont die since you arent in the core but in the chair and you could just swap to the replacement core and continue the fight

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can enter overheating cores to stop it from overheating. When a ship overheats, its faction signal is reset to neutral, meaning you can then edit the faction of the ship and claim it.

Basically, there is absolutely no point in this being added.

Anyway, ships are being moved away from the core system to an HP system.