Pixel Format not accelerated

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I got this problem out of nowhere and I've looked through many threads and tried to see if I could find a solution but no luck.

I used the StarMade System Checker and got this:
    Starmade System Checker Report
    Sun 03/27/2016
    1:11:18.15

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 10 64-bit ....PASS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 ....PASS
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS

I don't see anything wrong with my system so I don't know what I need to do.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have one case... a complet clean new install have help them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Do you mean to wipe my computer? Cause I've tried to reinstalled the game. I don't think you mean something else tho.

Reaction score
    Honestly I think the problem is 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000'.
    The checker may say it is a pass, but everyone I know who plays with intel HD has low frame rates, minimal graphics, and crash when they get near any half decent sized entities or groups of entities. They're just not cut out for modern or hardware intensive games.

Seriously recommend an AMD or nVidia card with at least 1gb of RAM for this game. also have you set up your memory for the game properly?

Having 8gb of memory and 64bit I'd suggest setting StarMades option for it to these:
    Maximal: 4096
    Initial: 3072
    Early: 1024

Make sure to write down your current settings so you can revert if something goes wrong.
    If the above settings don't work try lowering them. e.g 3072, 2048, 512

I'd recommend if a decent gaming computer is out of the question also seeing if you can manually assign more memory to the intel HD in your bios then try that. (some bios let you,some are locked)

Also make sure your intel drivers are up to date.

But yeah this game is extremely hardware intensive, the minimum system requirements listed for it are a joke imho. Playing any modern game on any intel HD gpu is asking for troubles. Especially on anything earlier than a 4000 series. (and seriously who likes playing any game at 15fps or less?)
    Min requirements should be a 1gb dedicated AMD or nVidia GPU for StarMade.

I reckon the best option here is get a laptop or a desktop suitable for gaming beyond browser based games on facebook. You can build a basic gaming computer pretty cheap these days.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well I've been busy, haven't been able to view this thread in a while but I mean before I ran it really well. I don't have an installation problem but I might get a laptop to dedicate to a few games like Starmade. Thanks guys for trying to help me.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The problem here is intel. It works fine with DirectX but there drivers are run bad with OpenGL.
    Normal JDK java fixed that problem but with win10 there come more problems with the intel driver and a few intel chipsets.

You can read it here too :

OpenGL problems on Windows 10 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 • /r/techsupport

or here :

Update to Windows 10... Can't launch Minecraft • /r/Minecraft

and much more sites. A game developer cant fix driver. Thats the job from intel.

I hope Oracle find a fix again or you try the tip in the first reddit link

Last edited: