Pistol shots appearing randomly in space. Confirmed with other players.

Reaction score
    Ever since the pistol was added in myself and many other players have seen the rapid pistol shots shooting through space in every sector. They will originate from a random location and will fire 1-4 beams of "lasers" in random directions. These lasers do damadge players and objects, and can destroy ships over time.

If you get near them when they are hitting a ship they are doing 5 damadge per shot to w/e they hit. If you are nearby not in a shielded ship you may die. These are not just graphical glitches.

Reaction score
    I\'m not the only one getting the issue then. I thought it was a graphic glitch but I was never hit

Reaction score
    I saw this kind of thing with salvaging cannon beams one sector over from where a friend was actually salvaging.

Reaction score
    I talked to several other people on mpnetwork, they have been seeing the same thing. I also have a small hole drilled through a ship from it, it has been firing on the same spot for a few hours and I didn\'t notice it till it drilled through a ship. Not much of a problem for me, but more evidance it is not a graphical glitch.

Reaction score
    Confirmed not to be graphical. The shots do 3-5 damage when they hit.

Reaction score
    I can confirm that this happens on just about any sm server, I have one set up for my house and it managed to pepper my spacestation while I wasn\'t looking (seeing as the new shields don\'t recharge during hits). The lasers just shoot endlessly and in random directions for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Weird, I\'ll be on the look out for this. Is it truly random? Could it be players firing then the shots never stopping?