Pirates not spawning

Reaction score
    I feel like I am missing something really simple here but pirates just don't spawn for me. everything in the config seems to be right, they are allowed to spawn, I even tried re installing the game by deleting it and then keeping the jar to reinstall. I am fairly frustrated as I want to worry about pirates and the trade guild while playing, someone please help me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Pirates spawn more often in void systems than star systems, from spawn fly "upwards" and you'll probably encounter pirates.

Reaction score
    Make sure you have at least one ship in your catalog marked "enemy usable".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you put the pirate difficulty to max and then tried to settle on a planet near a pirate station?nthat should work.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Well, in hindsight, there's not a pirate living that would try and steal cancer, so there's that.

Reaction score
    From the news post

"Void Systems do not have a star, and will have an increased chance of spawning pirates."​

"Note that in the future the pirate spawning will get ramped up even more the farther away you go from claimed territory."​

"Also, claimed territory will make that system safe", ( is this to be or already implemented??)​

"and decrease pirate spawning in the surrounding systems (not in yet)."​

Reaction score
    like rocketman said, if all your config settings are correct and your sure you should have seen pirates by now, then your issue is blueprint permissions. you need one or more blue prints allowed for enemies.

had this same issue a few months ago. now im scared again..... :)

Reaction score
    I checked the blueprint permissions and added several to friendly useable a while ago, this has been happening since before the update, but maybe the fact that I haven't seen them yet is just coincidence? I'll check the void systems. the thing that confuses me is that the trade guild isn't spawning when I attack the shop either. The default blueprints are fine as well as having ships that have pirate permission.[DOUBLEPOST=1415597878,1415596466][/DOUBLEPOST]I just covered a lot of ground in my world including void sectors still no pirates

Reaction score
    I don't know if this is exceptional, but I started like 8 different galaxies while I was figuring out the game, and I never saw a pirate in any of them. True, I didn't get very far in any of them. But they are in this 9th new one. So I'm guessing it's sandbox-y randomness. No permissions (didn't know you could do that).

Reaction score
    A friend and I noticed this happening this weekend. We've yet to find pirates. Plenty of pirate stations. I initially thought it was a bug with constantly reusing the same install path so I wiped it out and redownloaded it. I come to find out there are like 20 different types of Isanth ships. I set the first one to enemy usable and still haven't seen pirates. I have not flown to a void sector yet.

Interestingly, in testing I have a wormhole in the spawn sector and when I created a ship it floated off toward the wormhole and got lost.

I was able to spawn them using /spawn_wave but that's cheap.