Pirates no longer able to use what's in the defualt-blueprint folder to distiguish them from the tra

Reaction score
    I searched and only found topics along the lines of "make an AI controlled faction". Which is nice but not what this is. I'd like to have pirates, my faction, and the trading guild all use their own stuff I make for them (I play offline). Becuase pirates will use the defualt folder on top of enemy usable that's just not possible. They'll be using the same stuff I use for my trading guild. As one person suggested in the chat, They'd like for their trading guild to use carriers or, large trading/cargo vessels. While the pirates use fighters, and war ships.

Possibly keep this in but add an option in the server config to turn off pirates from using the defualt blueprint folder?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah that\'d be good maybe they could make their own custom ships or they get them randomly off the starmade website but you could choose which they can have and can\'t hae so you won\'t lag

Reaction score
    It would be easy fix if trading guild would use blueprints marked with \"Others\", and pirates those with \"Allow enemy use\".

Reaction score
    That\'s not a fix, that\'s just postponing the problem. What if somebody doesn\'t want players to be able to spawn trade guild ships?

Best fix would be a separate checkbox, or a whole re-design of the system so that many more AI factions could be made (on a new window and in new folders.. etc).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually, if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense that the Trading Guild would be able to use ships in the catalog since they\'re the ones that sell the ship to you through the catalog. It would be nice, however, to set guidelines for the AI ships to follow in regards to spawning ships in the catalog to avoid problems like OP said.