Pirates attacking 2,2,2

Reaction score
    Whenever I start a new single player game, I am immediately besieged by about 8 pirates using my old blueprints, while I'm safe in the shop's aura, and in the long run, the loot benefits me, this persistent attack seems like a big worth reporting.

Reaction score
    happening to me to, i just want to play the danm game witout being killed every time i leave spawn, geez

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Make all the pirates not able to use the ships, which if you search around its pretty easy to do.

Then when you have a good enough ship you can once again turn on the pirates.

Reaction score
    The setting is in server.cfg in your starmade installation folder. Open it with any text editor.

Reaction score
    The game should not enable pirates by default if they are so extremely broken that a complete newcomer cannot even play the game properly.

I want to quote something from my reply on another thread to elaborate:

But.. There is simply an issue with the unforgiving AI, which is somehow 100% accurate even if you put accuaracy to 0, and AI pirates follow you at all times, sniffing you from 1.2 sectors away, without stopping to chase you at all, so you get no chance to start out decently if you run into pirates (and of course, they start spawning all over the place the longer you play, without despawning). I\'d even go as far as saying that turning off pirates by default would make it easier for players to understand the game first before diving into battles they cannot win.

Instead of denying this fact, you should acknowledge the issue, because there really is one. You cannot expect newcomers to read a guide before starting to play, and you cannot expect them to know every little thing about the game they\'re going to play... The game is supposed to teach them that naturally as they go, without making this too hard or impossible. Luck should not be the biggest factor in this learning stage, because right now it all depends on wether you run into pirates or not early-game. People HATE to lose their ship, I can tell you that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok i would just start a game then i would leave to find a planet then 10 pirates are chasing me and killing me so i leave to sector 2,3,2 then they follow me then i try to shoot the pirates with my gun but that dose nothing at all so basically i hate pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    First of all... really? ^^^

Second, we should allow sector (2, 2, 2) to be protected in singleplayer so the player can become successful instead of beaten up at spawn.

Of course we can change it anytime in the server.cfg, but do you expect every player to know that or do that?