Pirates and pyramids

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I noticed a lot of "there are no pirates" threads . I have found that if you just go to a sectror, mine everything and then move on , no pirates will come.

Its when you stick around to say build a space station or an asteroid base, thats when the pirates will come. If you are just building at the store they will never come.

I built an asteroid base and whenever i am there for a while because I am busy building something I get attacked by pirates, sometimes more than once. Same if I hang out on a planet for very long.

So If you dont actively search for them or hang out in a sector for an extended period of time, you will never see them.

Spoiler alert.

On another note. I found a golden pyramid on a desert planet. I mined my way inside and it was hollow with lights and a chest inside. The chest had 16 million worth of loot inside. I am rich bitch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Me and my friends were playing recently and we couldn\'t find pirates for AGES, until we found a station of pirates. He picked something up and sold it and now he has 1.5 billion credits. We still don\'t know what it is as every station after that one we haven\'t found anything like it.

Also I have 33 million creds from just looting pirate stations and salvaging glass, I\'m richer :P

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    What pyramids? X3
    Pics or it didn\'t happen!

Seriously tho the pirates will show up if you travel to secotrs you\'ve never been to. They will show up once something you build shows up on their navpanels.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    LOL. Yeah well I got my riches without fighting a single pirate in a ship with out any weapons or sheilds , just mining beams, becaus I just started a new game. So there ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hope the game gets more stuff like that as it develops. coolest thing to happen to me so far in the game. Exploing is fun when you know there is a possability of finding something cool like that

You mean by randomly flying in to a sector with pirates? Yeah, I can find them easily by navigating. I Just remembered that when I was attacked on the planet it was while I was building a house on it, so the building of something in a sector brings them makes sense

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d also like to point out, I found 5 pyramids on one planet. About 20bn credits worth of loot, including over 1000 L5 Insanium

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah.. I just started playing StarMade today and I have over 400,000,000 credits from finding pyramids..

I really think the developers should greatly reduce the amount of loot you can find in them, or make them much much rarer. Otherwise it kinda sucks the fun out of the pursuit of wealth when you can be insanely rich after only playing the game for a single day.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really? Every single desert planet I have landed on has had at least 1 pyramid on it, although I think I\'ve only landed on 3 so far.

Reaction score
    Yeah that would be good but max credits is 2.2mill or something i have been there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pirates drop awesome loot as well
    Iff you are able to destroy one of their onboard storages, it will usually drop a total of 1.5k L5 ores :)

Reaction score
    33 million? Is that it? I have about 20 billion on a server. No offence though. That\'s still a lot compared to my single player. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    its way to easy to make money, i have max credits. it kind of makes money pointless

Reaction score
    2,4 billion :)

I made a lot of cash salvaging ice planets for ice rock in heaps and especially ice crystals.

But when I found an abandoned city on a terran planet, there was one chest hovering above the ground next to a building (about 2-3 blocks up in the air), and it had 940x Negacide L5 and some other L5 mineral in a stack of about 400... Sold half the Negacide and the entire other stack, each mineral sold for 1,5 to 1,6 million each, made me hit the credits limit with minerals to spare. They also contained some other fat loot.

But I was most excited about the city. It\'s got a ton of ice crystals and glass in it. I\'ve salvaged one building, a friend salvaged another small one, and it has some battle damage from my friend\'s black cruiser (top edge of screenshot) shooting at pirates flying under the planet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    WOW, cool city. I have not seen one of those at all. In fact in the game I am in where I found the pyramid right off the bat, I have not found any other pyramids or anything else of any interest really. Space stations thats it. Gone to every planet I can find and nothing :(

This game definitly needs more cool stuff and a slower rate of monitary gain. I am sure they are working on it