Pirate troubles.

Reaction score
    --------------------------------------------

Hello all.

So one time, while doing starmadey stuff on my home planet, I got a transmission saying
    "Sending raiding party... Blah blah blah".

I simply dismissed this seeing as I got the same transmission before and nothing happened.

10-15 minutes later, LOTS of pirates were close to my home shooting the crap out of me.

I started panicking and ran.

After a feirce battle with one of the pirates, Most of my cannons got taken out and by that point I was like "There is no way I can win now, I'm gonna head to the nearest forest planet for repairs."

When I began to repair my ship, I noticed it was beyond repair.

I was very frusterated, and began work on my the Finsho's mark 2.

I could not ever defeat a pirate, what am I doing wrong? I can provide pictures if nessasary.

Please help, thanks!

Reaction score
    What are the stats on your ship?

Also what in combat are you relying on to keep you from being battered, bruised and burned? Speed? Shields? Armor?

focusing hard into one can help, speed alone can work wonders on small craft or versus just a few pirates but lots of them and you\'ll have a harder time weaving between shots.

Shields are a great, great thing. if you get up to about 40,000 shields (and thus something like 2000 regen/s) pirates simply don\'t have the punch to hurt you. The issue is that this many shields takes up LOTS of space and really only works for large ships.

Armor can also be fairly reliable but you need multiple layers of it and on big ships that gets really expensive really fast.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I learned pretty quickly that exposed weapons = no weapons so if yer dumb like me then throw some bloody hull on there. My new and improved design, the Sea Bitch MKII also has a ton more shileding on it. We\'ll see how the flying brick deals with pirates shortly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    how me and my friend did it: one of us floated into space, and drew attention to all the ships, while the other floats behind the ships and starts dismantling them, and found a stack of 200 blocks worth 1 mil each. Long story short, we are so pimped beyond all reason at this point and can easily take down a pirate fleet and station with 0 trouble

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also don\'t forget that if you have saved your ship and haven\'t edited the permissions for that ship to prevent mobs from spawning with it you can at least be content knowing that eventually pirates will spawn with your very weak, poorly designed, first ship that you can have mixed feelings about ripping to shreds and getting the rewards of freeish loot! I fought two of my first ever ship at the same time with their whopping one shield block and made like 8 billion in drops

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a similar problem where i flew into a fleet of pirates accidently with a light ship whith a mass of 340 or so i escaped but my ship after the battle had a mass of 243. :(

Reaction score
    Is their any other mobs(bad people) to fight other than pirates and those ships that defend the shop

Reaction score
    First, add a .sment if of a decent ship to the default ships folder. Then edit the server config to disable catalog ships from being NPCs. Result. Stronger pirates. I use a personal retextured cruiser as my pirate\'s ships. Makes it a hell of a lot more complicated and fun

Reaction score
    Try using your speed to fly above the ship. Then shoot down on it and attack straight for the core.

Reaction score
    Remember, if you\'re having trouble, you can use admin commands:

http://star-made.org/content/admin-commands

Also, you can spawn blocks with /giveid [Playername]