Pirate stations spawning with pirate ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    So an idea hit me today like a ton of bricks. I apologize if it's been talked about already.

When a custom pirate station spawns with a docked ship to it is that ships AI active like the turrets AI are active?

If so, it might be possible to create small defenses fleets that spawn along with the pirate and trading guild stations.

Getting the ships to launch would be the issue. I wonder if you could create a logic clock that counts down and undocks the active AI ship once the station spawns.

Another thing that might work is to dock the ships and save the station on a client using "ignore docking area" That way when the station spawns on a server with the docking area "on" the ships will automatically undock because the docked area is too small (hopefully)

I personally wont have the time to test this for a few days, but if someone else has the time you should give it a shot =D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The easiest solution would be to have stations basically /initate_wave when they are attacked. IMHO this is a much needed addition to the game as attacking stations is way to easy. With changes to abandoned stations no longer being usable for quick cash we'll need some way to better defend pirate stations from being looted for their blocks to sell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The easiest solution would be to have stations basically /initate_wave when they are attacked. IMHO this is a much needed addition to the game as attacking stations is way to easy. With changes to abandoned stations no longer being usable for quick cash we'll need some way to better defend pirate stations from being looted for their blocks to sell.
    That would be nice. Also if AI turrets could utilize the max weapons range that would be helpful.

Reaction score
    +1 to the idea of initiating a (random sized!) pirate wave when the station gets damaged. You should never know what you are going to get; one little pirate straggler coming in to help, or a huge 15 ship fleet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    HOT DAMN! It works and it is glorious! So much potential!

Ships attached to stations have their AI active. It is possible to spawn in a defense force with your station =D

Very Excited.