Pirate stations SOS

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

When attacking pirate stations they should send out an SOS transmission to call for backup, and they do, but only the old one, not the new stations that were added recently, why is this? And will it be changed at some point so that the new ones also send for backup?

Reaction score
    Every single one of your 'when will' posts can be answered with 'soon'.

Schema said improvements to the stations will come in the next few updates, including spawners for hostile NPC's, loot and likely SOS signals.

For now, just get drunk over the new year period and wait. Unless you're a Chinese panda, in which a few updates should come on your new year in a few months.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They do, at least in the new single-player universe I started a few days ago.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, tangled with two pirates and ended up near a pirate station. Suddenly another additional six bad guys turned up, so ...
    And yes this was in single-player, but if it isn't in there already in multi-player it'll probably be there soon. :p

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It may be that you have to actually do some damage to summon pirates. The old/original station has no shields, and firing on a block immediately summoned some Isanths. A couple of days ago I was assaulting a new station, destroying the turrets first (during which a number of pirates appeared). After that I was firing at the station's shields for a while with no reinforcements showing up; my ship didn't have enough firepower to actually breach the shields.

D

Deleted member 392097

It may be that you have to actually do some damage to summon pirates. The old/original station has no shields, and firing on a block immediately summoned some Isanths. A couple of days ago I was assaulting a new station, destroying the turrets first (during which a number of pirates appeared). After that I was firing at the station's shields for a while with no reinforcements showing up; my ship didn't have enough firepower to actually breach the shields.
    Odd, because I was in single player and I breached their shields (on the new stations) and no reinforcements came. But they did with the old stations. But maybe that was just a bug with my game...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, there could very well be some randomness involved here, also pirates spawn at certain intervals, so maybe there weren't any available at the time you were hammering away at the station... ;)

Greets,

Jan

Rasor1911

Abusing Stealth since the dawn of time
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wierd, this applys to me and my friends on my server. Everytime we damage the porate station they call for backup, so it's more of a hit-and-run when targeting the stations, blow up the turrets,and faction module, and get out untill the pirates are gone, and then loot.
    This includes the new stations aswell

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wierd, this applys to me and my friends on my server. Everytime we damage the porate station they call for backup, so it's more of a hit-and-run when targeting the stations, blow up the turrets,and faction module, and get out untill the pirates are gone, and then loot.
    This includes the new stations aswell
    Personally, I like to use a tactic called smash and grab - blow a hole to the storage area, drive a shuttle into it, grab the loot, and warp out