Pirate Stations and Stupid Pirates

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Good Day fellow Commanders!

Ok I need help, I have built a few ships thus far, numbers 1 and 2 were not great and died :(

Number 3 - had decent fast fire weapons and could sort of hold it's own but against 6+ pirates it still failed!

So Number 4 was made, numerous improvements including, more guns (up from 9 Cannons to 14 linked with a beam computer) and better shields! the shields are 42k and recharge at 2392 per second! BUT they still won't hold out against a squad of 6 pirates! (I am thinking of changing the weapons to beams to be able to focus on the core better).

But the other issue I have is, how do I take over a bloody (or just "destroy") a pirate station, I can get through the 254k shields in about 5 mins, but then the "Faction Module" says I am doing 0 damage!

So, how much shielding is really needed for Pirate Slaughter!

The Duck Star 2
    Mass - 1697
    L - 62, H - 16 W 35
    Thrust - 567
    Power - 368309 (53067 e/sec)
    Shields 42479 (2392 s/sec)

Weapons
    14 AMC - 95 DAmage (each) DPS 1360 (272 modules)
    14 Missiles 52 damage each (slaved with 38 other Missiles - might have stuffed this up lol) Heatseaking - not impressed thus far, had it as homing, they were not impressive either imho.

What other info is needed? lol

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I would recommend having a single LARGE cannon array to deal with the faction module.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1. A radar jammer should help greatly with the survival problem.
    2. Ccannon-cannon combo may serve you better than cannon-beam.
    3. Increase your missle array damage; heat-seekers are very useful against pirates in single-player.
    4. Take a very wide path around "Alpha" pirate stations (just avoid them).
    Regarding weapon combos, pay attention to the amount of effect as you add slave or effect blocks. Adding too many (past even ratio) ceases to provide any further benefit.

Reaction score
    If I remember correctly the faction module has 99% armor which means for it to suffer any damage the attack must deal 100 damage per damage tick from each barrel/output at the minimum. Each output and each damage tick from that output is treated as separate hits, not lumped together into one massive hit, even when using focused fire.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Best weapon for pirates are heat seekers, IMO.

Try a stealth ship with some heatseeker arrays. Cloak in, fire off your heatseekers, recloak. If you time it right you won't even need shields as they'll never touch you (though have enough to live through a few seconds of attack just in case).