Pirate Station / Ships to capture?

Reaction score
    When a the faction block is destroyed, a pirate station or ship is sent back to neutral, another thing to note is that pirate stations are trickier than ships because you have to punch through the hull to destroy the faction block, also, when the faction block is destroyed they return to neutral but they also turn into a decayed state, just like derelict stations. While with ships you can destroy the faction block much the same way or you can dock to it with some pesky craft (as far as i know, ships don't attack their docked entities, even if they are enemies), and then make your way in with the torch, which you can buy at any advanced shop via the NPC.
    When you reach the faction block, then "torch" it for a minute and then it will be destroyed, but the ship won't go in decayed state.

So yes, you can capture them

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    it is possible if you shoot the engines/power blocks (and faction module) off and dock it to your own ship to take it with u.
    it's a nice way to farm system block without having to look for mats and having to craft em yourself

Reaction score
    Big thx Folks 4 that great information.
    I'll try it in my local game. ;-)
    it's a nice way to farm system block without having to look for mats and having to craft em yourself
    nice idea ;-)