pirate station loot is a bit op.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was flying my ship around space and i came across a pirate space station thing. i immediatly ran away to make my ship combat ready. then i went back and destroyed all the turrets then i found the loot on the ground which i didnt know would be worth over 1.5 bil i had 1m before i did the station and to me it just feels like i didnt deserve that much. thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...Except that they\'re ridiculously easy to take out with just a few missiles and a half-decent ship made after gathering cactuses for 30 minutes. Pirate ship bases shouldn\'t give BILLIONS. Maybe millions, but not billions.

Reaction score
    The game is in alpha. The devs, I think, want to get the core game down and iron out the major bugs (like the disappearing blocks one that I think has now been resolved) before they go on to balancing gameplay. I\'m sure they\'re aware that pirate loot is OP. So far Starmade is barely a game. It\'s more of a very, very promising proof of concept.

Good to bring these issues up, however.

Reaction score
    If you ask me its not really OP except the fact the easy pirates also give billions

but the ones that are insane difficulty or hard can give billions cause u can die very fast if you dont have someonestrong helping you

Reaction score
    DONT YOU DARE TRY AND RUIN OUR FUN OF FINDING 900 LVL 5 ORE IN 2 SECONDS YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Benzilla - Watch your language and ad hominems, even when you make them in a joking manner. Many of us here don\'t take kindly to them, as the suggestion forum should hold itself to a higher standard (as devs may actually check it). Also, if you have nothing valuable to add, please don\'t post nonsense

@Post - I agree fully, pirate loot is out-of-balance. *But,* the game is in alpha. There is no reason Schema should be working on balancing until he\'s added most of his content for initial release. Why? Otherwise, he\'d waste time redoing the balance everytime he added a new feature.

Reaction score
    I was told (By some high ranking players in the game) That the economy has not been fully implamented. And we must remember we are In Alpha. ALPHA. I do agree with you that it should take longer to get from What is this game to Bill Gates in space. For all we know, they could say

\"Gee guys, this guy has 1.5 bil from a pirate station, lets reset the whole economy and fix all the prices.\"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We dont know what to expect, so just smack a smile on your face, and play the game :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s testing stage, maybe you just reach end game early so you can actually test for bugs.

Reaction score
    Many of the games I\'ve been in the alpha or even beta Test for purposefully made getting money and supplies easy so that players could quickly reach the end game and start actually testing things. It makes sense really.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are actually settings for the pirate loot amounts in the server settings (server.cfg), so there is no real reason to play with these ridiculous amounts. Just lower it to a 1000th of what it was, and it should be sort of in line with the rest of the prices.

AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

NB: Haven\'t actually tested this out. I\'ve only seen the settings.

Reaction score
    I think it\'s okay for now, it means with a tiny extra risk you can begin work on some grander and more combative builds, which means that over the large reach of space as we have it, we can spend more time moving about it building things and having battles, which is really where most of this alpha seems to become truly fun.

Reaction score
    1. You cant just get 1bil in 2 seconds

2.even if u can get it in 5-10 mins you risk dying in the process and losing everything instead of striking rich

3.its high looter maybe so they can test performance issues with giant ships which require tons of credits

Reaction score
    1. You cant just get 1bil in 2 seconds

2.even if u can get it in 5-10 mins you risk dying in the process and losing everything instead of striking rich

3.its high looter maybe so they can test performance issues with giant ships which require tons of credits