Pirate ship spawn percentages

Reaction score
    Hello,

My name is Paradigm, I'm an admin on the #1 ranked SM server (s.brierie.co:4242). We've been experimenting with alot of different elements of the game for a few months. One such example would be adding pirate ships everyone could enjoy and various levels of players would be able to fight. Ships for the new guys, ships for the server veterans, everyone wins. Pirate ships are a great twist to your servers, we have a little story line for our pirates just for fun fun. It would be great if you could adjust the pirate spawn rates, such as, if you have a ship you want to be the "pirate leader" it would have a 100% spawn rate and always appear with groups of pirate. Alternatively, if you have a really overpowered ship, you can set the spawn rate at 10% to lower the chances of people accidently getting into a battle they cannot handle, but also serve as a surprise "mini boss" fight.

If you have suggestions and ideas, please feel free to add to this. Please sign if you support the idea.

More ideas to come,

Paradigm

Pep

Reaction score
    waves, waves of pirates. that be awesome!

wave formations of pirates!

Reaction score
    As well as setting percentages I have had a lot of requests for \"zones\" and by that mean X amount of sectors away from (example) spawn easy enemies would spawn. X amount of sectors from that harder enemies will spawn. So on so fourth and setting these parameters per ship would be nice and make the servers a little more Experience based friendly.

Reaction score
    Great ideas Pep & TFinster. This would make advanced players who fly deeper have higher risks. A sort of skill curve for newer players. \"Well if you didn\'t want your ship to die by a dozen 10K mass ships, then don\'t go past X Y Z (for example 150 150 150).\"

Reaction score
    Even if there was a rudamentary command that would allow such brilliance as these ideas to be possible I think that StarMade would boom on any MMO suggestion web site. It would definitely be a feature that would make StarMade stand out from others