Pirate ship pack?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are there any good ship packs out there to use as pirate's. id like a pack that has varying ship sizes (frig-battleship). As i build ships on single player i need ships to test with. I don't want to build a ship and go to a server and have it dramatically under preform.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    What class of ship is the Isanth-VI? I am thinking a fighter or a covet.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What class of ship is the Isanth-VI? I am thinking a fighter or a covet.
    Since it has an internal workspace beyond just the cockpit, I'd classify it as a Scout, Explorer, or Combat shuttle instead of a fighter.

I mean, a fighter might have some small volume near the cockpit or in the back, but not to the extent of an Isanth.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so a fighter would be about the same size but built more for combat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Interesting stuff jayman38. I guess is what need is ship class to mass guide like frigates are this mass battleships are that mass, like an eve online system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Interesting stuff jayman38. I guess is what need is ship class to mass guide like frigates are this mass battleships are that mass, like an eve online system.
    There isn't one. At least there is nothing that comes anywhere close to being agreed on. Some servers have official classes, some factions use their own systems, and some people think the whole question of sizes and classes doesn't matter at all.

I don't know if nameless is still around, but Ragnarok uses his system. Some people base it on mass, some on keel length, some seem to have no system or use the ships appearance and shape alone to determine type/class. Calibri made a system that uses filesize to determine class. There's three options here: http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Ship_Classification but also at least ten more if not 100 floating around, all differing to degrees from tiny to insane.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've always considered the Isanth an armed freighter over a fighter or corvette. The trade guild uses them, and I imagine the pirates steal them from the trade guild. They have quite a bit of interior space to store cargo as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I almost think the community should make a system to follow, or at least for a server.

D

Deleted member 433088

I almost think the community should make a system to follow, or at least for a server.
    Oh, there are many, the problem is getting the whole group of people to agree on it :rolleyes:. In a server, perhaps, and it seems it'd be more likely in an organized RP server, but otherwise I don't think it's gonna happen.

D

Deleted member 433088

The following link shows my favorite community-made system so far.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/ship-class-and-pirate-wave-difficulty.2502/#post-38731
    Huh... I might not care much for ship designations (my motto is "to each their own"), but I have to admit that scheme is creative and pleasing on the eyes. And makes some sense to boot. The thing is, it would seem most designations people are looking for are relative to mass/size, which is pretty arbitrary, and I think that diagram makes sense precisely because it's based on purpose/features instead.