Pirate AI's with turrets

Reaction score
    i have been thinking of a way to improve the turret function in the game, namely so that a wave spawn or purchased ship can come with turrets already attached and functioning.
    If the coding can be done (i have no idea if it would be hard) then,
    Instead of using a ship core and a "turret" dock, I think it might work better to have a pair of blocks that can Lock together
    you attach 1 block to your primary, and then attach a second block on top of the 1rst to create the base block of your turret
    the second block can also funtion as the gui with the AI checkbox control for that turret, meaning only 1 ai block is needed for the entire ship
    the second block would have only 1 degree of rotation (it only turns in circles, cant pivot the barrel) this would require more design consideration during construction
    this setup would allow power/shields to already be transfered to the turret, as well as mass being properly added to the primary ship
    turrets/weapons "templates" could be sold in the shop in a serperate tab from the ships
    the dual locking block system could also be used for all the other "template" functions, allowing snap-on modules for ships (section of hull plating you purchase and just snap onto locking blocks along your ship)
    destroying either locking-block would sever the connection (subsystem destruction) and even allow theft of parts
    in desperation in a fight you can jetison your weapons and armor in favor of getting moving out of the area quickly!
    if i think of more ill add them