Pingperfect.com StarMade Server Hosting

Reaction score
    The whole team is willing to go above and beyond their customers expectations to deliver a top notch gaming experience at a low price. Before I realize schema has pushed an update to the game, it's already applied to the server. I would recommend @Pingperfect to anyone looking to start their own server.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    Thank you for the great feedback Jimmy, We always strive to do what we can for those hosting with us :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Just for those with servers who haven't seen the email

Between 5am and 10am local time [to your server] this Saturday (6th September) there will be some extended maintenance whilst we update the servers and make some improvements to the game panel.

Further information can be found here http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=7

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have a question since I am considering renting a StarMade server through you guys is the servers up to date with the latest versions of StarMade?? A friend rented one not to long ago that was on a 0.63 game version and not 1.171 like I believe it should be; but I dont know who the provider was.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I have a question since I am considering renting a StarMade server through you guys is the servers up to date with the latest versions of StarMade?? A friend rented one not to long ago that was on a 0.63 game version and not 1.171 like I believe it should be; but I dont know who the provider was.
    Hi SkyHawk

You can update a server through the gamepanel. If you have any problems, you can drop us a ticket here - https://pingperfect.com/submitticket.php

If you have anymore problems, please use the ticket system, it is private and more frequently monitored.

Thanks
    James Rimmer
    Pingperfect Ltd Customer Services

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It must have been more or less a year since Starmade 40k was hosted here and, although the technical help has always been responsive, helpful and nice, there are is a flaw I'm not 100% happy with. And it's the fact that we can't update our servers manually, this means we have to wait for their manager to get online, check the update and "let us" apply the patch. You do have access to your FTP, but you definetely don't have 100% permissions over it.

Most of the times they need *about* 24h, which isn't really that much, but it is when it's a saturday afternoon and most the players are missing your server. Appart from that I haven't ran into any problems yet, but this weekend I felt pretty powerless in my own server.

Reaction score
    It must have been more or less a year since Starmade 40k was hosted here and, although the technical help has always been responsive, helpful and nice, there are is a flaw I'm not 100% happy with. And it's the fact that we can't update our servers manually, this means we have to wait for their manager to get online, check the update and "let us" apply the patch. You do have access to your FTP, but you definetely don't have 100% permissions over it.

Most of the times they need *about* 24h, which isn't really that much, but it is when it's a saturday afternoon and most the players are missing your server. Appart from that I haven't ran into any problems yet, but this weekend I felt pretty powerless in my own server.
    My experience was quite the opposite in the short time I rented a server from them (maybe 4 months). Updates were usually applied within 30 minutes. To be fair I think I bugged them a lot lol.

Personally I would actually prefer to wait a little before updating since most of the time the update is followed by one or two patches. Also it never happened but there was always a chance the update could mess up the entire server. Even now, I tend to wait a bit just in case. This very well could be the case with Pingperfect.

Ps. I've really got to try out your server one day.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Hi Guys

The ability to update the game server as soon as the update is out is on its way. Thanks too schema and the work of our Technical Director, you will be able to press a nice update button on the gamepanel that will run an updater that will only download the files that have changed, allowing for even quicker installation of updates than before.

Thanks
    James Rimmer
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ping-Perfect/130946787070264
    Like your server and the support from us? why not post a review on our forums?
    http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=58

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    PingPerfect have a good cpanel? for say simple way to add in, someone votes for the server on starmade-servers.com, they can easily type in a reward command to receive a few cred's or items? Nice intuitive config to setup the basic server info, like max thruster speed, active pirates and other important tid bits.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    PingPerfect have a good cpanel? for say simple way to add in, someone votes for the server on starmade-servers.com, they can easily type in a reward command to receive a few cred's or items? Nice intuitive config to setup the basic server info, like max thruster speed, active pirates and other important tid bits.
    Hi Aidan

We use TCAdmin, the inustry standard control panel for game server providers. We do not currently provide the ability to pass commands to the server via the control panel for 2 reasons. 1. starmade has a built in server control panel, I suggest looking around for information on Starmote. 2. we would like to do it properly, in a way that will not eventually break with future starmade updates.

Because updates frequently change the settings available, we simply allow you to directly edit the server.cfg, giving complete control over the server.

Thanks
    James Rimmer
    Have you entered our Facebook competition? You could win your server (or another of your choice) for free for a year http://Pingperfect.com/competition.php

(this is my personal Starmade Dock account, anything said here, although I strive to provide upto date and accurate information, is not the view or opinion of PingPerfect Ltd)

Reaction score
    So after I buy, I just have to wait till I get an email saying the server has been setup and installed with Starmade to start using it?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    So after I buy, I just have to wait till I get an email saying the server has been setup and installed with Starmade to start using it?
    Hi Aidan

This is correct, however for starmade services, the set up period is fast, should take a few minutes, if not, submit a ticket and I would be more than happy to manually setup the service myself.

Thanks
    James Rimmer
    Have you entered our Facebook competition? You could win your server (or another of your choice) for free for a year http://Pingperfect.com/competition.php

(this is my personal Starmade Dock account, anything said here, although I strive to provide upto date and accurate information, is not the view or opinion of PingPerfect Ltd)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Just thought I would make you aware, you can now contact our support team via live chat from our homepage. simply click the prompt at the side of the window.

James Rimmer