Ping

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Both in helping/teaching novices and in tactical command, I feel there should be a way to "Ping" a location, block or entity. This would be helpful in many situations to call attention to an area, lead someone to yourself even if your current entity type is not showing in their filter, or show a precise block or target to someone(s).

A block could be selected as the source of a ping same as it is for deletion - reticle selection within range. Perhaps a different keybinding could be used for pinging your own current location or a selected target.

A ping could simply be a short-lived (5-10 second) bright pulsing radar blip seen by those within range (3-5K; whatever. i have no opinion on range).

I'd enjoy the ability to (for example only) CTRL+[key] for a ping that would be seen by faction members and allies only, as well as, say, CTRL+SHIFT+[key] to ping for all within range.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ping-types? :
    • "Go here!", lives a few seconds, and stays around as long as somebody click it to get it as a way-point
    • "Danger!", lives a bit longer and is sticky to the target.
    • "Help!" similar to danger.
    • "GTFO" to yell at enemies :p
    I suggest a 2-key binding, not just a single hotkey for each. I suggested that for many other things too, mainly those you don't need often in quick succession.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would be a good way to quickly/simply communicate without using the chat. To simplify the procedure for the hotkey unsavvy, holding a key could bring up a gui with different "ping" types. Like changing weapons or visor types in Metroid Prime trilogy.

Reactions: MacThule