Read by Council Pilot View

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm not quite sure how chairs are gonna work but I would love to have a pilot view as another option to build mode and flight mode.

In pilot mode camera centers on the characters head then holding ctrl or alt would allow you to look around like a person, but then to still be able to fly by releasing alt. I think that the view should stay at the last rotation when you release alt to keep flying around. This should help flying fighters and smaller craft with a decent cockpit and also allow you to interract with buttons that may be in the cockpit that also aren't inner ship remotes.

Reaction score
    Hmmm, I get where you're going with the bit with the CTRL button, but I'd rather the various directions said pilot could look be individua buttons, that default to a joystick/FlightStick 's "hat switch". You know, the one that looks like a nipple.

Heck, even a Razer Tartarus has a hat-switch right where the thumb sits. (though they've made it look like, and by default work as, a console controller's joystick) Use that to control where the Pilot is looking, but let the mouse keep flying the ship as normal.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmmm, I get where you're going with the bit with the CTRL button, but I'd rather the various directions said pilot could look be individua buttons, that default to a joystick/FlightStick 's "hat switch". You know, the one that looks like a nipple.

Heck, even a Razer Tartarus has a hat-switch right where the thumb sits. (though they've made it look like, and by default work as, a console controller's joystick) Use that to control where the Pilot is looking, but let the mouse keep flying the ship as normal.
    It would be great for joystick controls but I come from keyboard land, so both?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not quite sure how chairs are gonna work but I would love to have a pilot view as another option to build mode and flight mode.

In pilot mode camera centers on the characters head then holding ctrl or alt would allow you to look around like a person, but then to still be able to fly by releasing alt. I think that the view should stay at the last rotation when you release alt to keep flying around. This should help flying fighters and smaller craft with a decent cockpit and also allow you to interract with buttons that may be in the cockpit that also aren't inner ship remotes.
    YES, and admit it youve been playing some Bohemia Interactive games haven't you :p
    youve been playing some arma :p

Reaction score

Sounds really nice. Also makes controlling Modules and Wireless Blocks in smaller ships easier. For example for Ships like Interceptors with lets say a 3x3x2 Cockpit where using Inner Ship Remotes would somehow be decadent cause you could use the space for... Weapons? ;)

But why not the Mouse Wheel Button for toggle the View Mode. I recognize this from Elite: Dangerous where there is an option for Mouse controls: Clicking the Mouse Wheel Button unlocks the Cam to freely look around in your Cockpit and clicking it again centers the View and locks it there. (No i am not playing it with my Mouse, i just know this option xD)

I'd really like to see this in Starmade!

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Sounds really nice. Also makes controlling Modules and Wireless Blocks in smaller ships easier. For example for Ships like Interceptors with lets say a 3x3x2 Cockpit where using Inner Ship Remotes would somehow be decadent cause you could use the space for... Weapons? ;)

But why not the Mouse Wheel Button for toggle the View Mode. I recognize this from Elite: Dangerous where there is an option for Mouse controls: Clicking the Mouse Wheel Button unlocks the Cam to freely look around in your Cockpit and clicking it again centers the View and locks it there. (No i am not playing it with my Mouse, i just know this option xD)

I'd really like to see this in Starmade!
    Middle mouse would be great!