Pierce and Punch effect and docked entities

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Does pierce and/or punch effect defensively also help docked entities if the defence is on the main ship?
    Like help the ships turrets while the effect is located on the main body.

I know Ion defence is calculated as a % including the mass of all docked sub entities and I was wondering if pierce and punch defence effects did as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    What you can do however is to add such defenses to the docked entity itself and then activate it manually when you are boarding that ship. The easiest way to do this is to have the cores for your docked hull and any other docked entity you want to work this way, like a docked shield entity or whatever, right inside your bridge, along with your main ship core. Before getting in your core to fly the ship, you jump into your docked hull core (and any others with effects) and activate the effect manually. You then get out of that core and get into your main ship's core. The effect will stay active as long as you are on line.

If you log off or loose connection long enough to be logged off however, the effect will turn off and you'll have to manually reactivate them again.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    the fastest and easiest way to do it is use a decent docking heirarchy and just use the up/dwn/ctrl keys to hotswap cores to activate everything within a second or 2 without ever having to get out of a core. but stacking them in your bridge still feels nice for organization and aesthetic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thanks for the answers. I did finally figure out how I could test is to its confirmed. Also the pierce and punch effects while working only on the entity they are on also only use the mass of the entity there on for the effectiveness.