Physics, life and a lot of suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Although debilitating in Minecraft, Physics in StarMade could grant the game some interesting aspects while retaining a great deal of its play. The next 10 suggestions are all based on reality Physics and some other parts of reality and could make for some awesome effects while they're on.

1 - Thermal suggestions : Heat affects everything, so finding an glacial planet right outside of where a star stars to damage the ship seems a little unrealistic. Having a higher amount of hot planets spawn close to a star and a higher amount of colder planets away from the star, although capping randomization in a minute way, would provide a realistic addition to the game.

Same goes for magma inside small asteroids, reality wise, asteroids are cold and barren. No trace of any hot gases or liquids to be found. Although past a certain size, pressure and heat cause magma to form anyways so planets and very large asteroids have no deficiancy of this particular item.

2 - Gravitational suggestions : Although gravity already pulls ships and avatars towards a planet, gravity doesn't solely exist on planets. Asteroids although small would have some gravity aswell, just not as poweful as a big planet. Gravity also pulls things together, so seeing two asteroids pull eachother together and collide would not only provide realistic changes into the game but would also be pretty fun to watch.

3 - Meteorological suggestions : Any object with an atmosphere has a very high change for weather, be it wind, rain or snow. Seeing objects like trees and plants on planets blow in the wind would be pretty realistic to watch and having the occasional storm or drizzle would make it much more fun to be on planets and some changes to observe that aren't caused by the player.

4 - Water suggestions : Water blocks are in the game but they have not been used in things like streams, rivers or lakes. Having water on a planet would also provide as well as weather an interesting addition. It could also put a survival aspect in the game that you need water to survive.

Say thrusters are developed in later stages on the game, a hydrogen dependent thruster might arise and then water or hydrogen would be neccesary for travelling as well as surviving. This brings me to my next point.

5 - Life suggestions : Life is often abundent in places water is found on earth, never been proven to happen anywhere else but having life on the game on planets where water is perhaps found would definately make for interesting possibilities and although quite barbaric to some...target practice.

Seeing a terrestrial or extraterrestrial organism on a planet with a purple sky would be something some gamers might squel like 5 year olds about, some people would love discovery and survival in a game like this.

6 - Weaponary suggestions : I have had experience in servers where I'm just floating about in astronaut mode and some guy with a tiny ship will just shoot me. I have no way of retaliating apart from getting in my ship and shooting back. Handheld guns might provide some basic defence against the times where it might be needed. This to some people would provide combat experience outside of ships as well as inside of them.

Relating to life, if there were dangerous aliens then a handheld gun might be useful for exploring and surviving if something wants to chew on their face.

7 - Comet suggestions - If you get an asteroid forming far away enough from a star in reality then you might get ice, thus, a comet is born. Comets in this game might spawn like asteroids but start off away from a sun. They might travel and after they get to a certain point in relation to a star, they might develop a particle tail. Not only awesome to watch but would provide useful aspects for travel were it ever needed.

8 - Civilization suggestions : If you let life develop long enough, you may get those who stride above overs like humans above monkeys and become civilized (Nothing against monkeys). Having a planet that has some form of civilized life that can actually attack or relate with the player may be something worth having.

It would be nice to see inter-planetary wars happening and play part in them. That would be fun and provide another aspect to the game after people get bored of building.

9 - Vehicle suggestions : Although the game is mainly concerned around space craft, a planetarially bound vehicle would provide some use for getting across a surface quickly while still being able to avoid the annoying influence of gravity 20 metres hovering above the surface.

Such items that might resemble a moon rover. They would be built by people if ever implimented and would use something like wheels for transport but altogether not too different from a spacecraft that you have to pull in loads of new items to build.

10 - Plexdoor suggestions : The plexdoor when opened simply disappears and this can get quite irratating for the picky ones among us (me) as it doesn't look very fancy. Having a door that slides away or swings on large metal hinges might look awesome and explain where the door went.

I hope that these suggestions are heard and that the community that agrees with some of the suggestions may arise. Best game I have ever played in my defence for all the suggesting.

Best wishes and good luck,

- Archive

Reaction score
    the plex doors would probobly be to taxing on slower systems but i like the gravity well idea

Reaction score
    Maybe we could kidnap some exotic species and seell them on some sort of black market...

Reaction score
    It would be quite cool to land on a comet and get some free travel, maybe stealthily getting close to an enemy base

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Please read/search before putting them up (check the section rules).

I\'ll leave it open for the few not so common idea\'s.

Reaction score
    1: i agree .. +1

2: lots of programming work... maybe in later states of the game

3: sounds good... but not a must have

4: coming soon i think (?)

5: same as 4

6: protect yourself with a handheld gun from a ship? sounds unrealistic...

7: same as 2

8: same as 2... but no need i think

9: no need (for me)

10: way to many programming work for such a little thing... better let the blocks of a door disappears row by row (would be te same effect... but not so smooth)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i think there should be jet packs and other items you could use instead of a ship core just because sometimes you dont want to take your ship out and you just wanna go to the shop \" ill go get my jet pack\" you say and fly off

and having black holes would be a neat feature have your ship just get sucked in if you get to close but make it so you can see them