Phantom Landing Gear

Reaction score
    Hey there, just got into this game, and am on my first ship, which im actually pretty proud off if I've gotta be honest.

So I wanted to do a lift, and got into the whole logic business. Then I realized it'd be possible to do a 2 joint folding landing gear, which I did. I now have 4 legs, each with a joint connecting to the base ship, and one connecting the foot to the leg. I've wired them up so they all come together to one button/internal button.

It was working fine more or less, sometimes one leg wouldnt get the timing right and get stuck due to the snug space I've put them in, but it'd fix itself by re-extending and re-folding the legs.

Here comes my problem; So i've been saving my ship like a maniac in the catalogue, because sometimes I like to fly to a planet to test the landing gear and stuff. However, this time when I loaded my ship I've hit a major issue.

When im in my ship, the legs seem to function fine, however when I'm out of the core, walking around, the legs are always extended or never extended (it's changed during my attempt to fix it).

At the moment, when im outside thes ship, 3 of the legs are working and extended while one is stuck (I can fix this). However in the ship all 4 appear to be folded up

This means that my ship view of the legs are out of sync with reality, and that my landing gear doesnt seem to function suddenly.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    thats.... odd. Any chance you could grab some pics please?

No guarantee that they'll gleam enough light for me to offer assistance but I can try. Also since you have lots of versions, can you try and isolate the point at which it changed from working to not working? And have you tried redocking the leg components?

Reaction score
    I'll grab some pictures in a min. I do have a version from yesterday, which was working I think, so It must've happened recently. And yea, I thought the same, try reattaching the legs, so I did two of them (A tedious task, having to set everything in place). I didn't fix it though :(.

I'll try deleting and replacing the internal button block, and maybe that'll help.

Reaction score
    thats.... odd. Any chance you could grab some pics please?

No guarantee that they'll gleam enough light for me to offer assistance but I can try. Also since you have lots of versions, can you try and isolate the point at which it changed from working to not working? And have you tried redocking the leg components?

Okay, so I took two pictures of the rear legs, one in ship(through a mounted camera) And one outside of the ship.

In Ship View:
    InShip.jpg

Outside ship view:

OutOfShip.jpg

I did nothing to the legs between these images. Also I checked my backup frmo yesterday, it would seem the issue also exists there :(.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    huh thats very very odd mate. Have you tried previous versions? Would you like me to take a look? If so PM me the BP (i'll keep it private) and see what I can deduce on an SP world

Reaction score
    huh thats very very odd mate. Have you tried previous versions? Would you like me to take a look? If so PM me the BP (i'll keep it private) and see what I can deduce on an SP world
    Im afraid previous versions are too old for me to go back :/ been saving alot, but got intot he habbit of overwriting lately. And Sure I'll send you the file :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I get some weird things happen, I think while overwriting saves, so I have taken to deleting them and then saving rather than overwriting.

Reaction score
    Perhaps I should do that in the furture... I've also had the game complain that I don't have ownership over my previous saves, which was odd. Right now I'm just hoping I can un-glitch my ship.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Small update, been tinkering around. With a little testing, I realized that when I raised the legs out of ship, it would lower the legs in-ship, so they were always out of sync. Then one leg got stuck in in-ship mode, and now everything's a mess again. Wondering of a dev could enlighten me to why and how this is happened, and hopefully how to solve it.

Another Update:

So... I tried something. I had the ship in a state where the legs appeared folded in when in-ship and appeared folded out when in out ship. So I built another entity around one of the legs, pretty much encasing the leg. This actually made the legs appear folded down. Great I thought. I then deleted the ring-entity, and checked again. Now the legs appeared folded up again... this is extremely frustrating.
    :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    okay bud I took a quick look last night. I have never seen a rail entity act like a ragdoll when it can complete it's movement. I tried a series of measures in an attempt to fix it, all to no avail. I have a drastic measure I am going to try over the weekend in a last ditch attempt to get this to work for you.

One thing I did notice is there appears to be damage on the front left leg, not sure it's related mind, as I docked a fresh leg and it did the same.

On a side note, I really like your ship bud, it looks very very nice. Bit of advice from me would be link the ship remotes to a button and the button back to the internal ship remote. That way when you trigger them on your hotbar they reset, and you dont have to press it twice to get it to do the next action.

Reaction score
    Thanks for taking your time. The damage hapened when some station showed up and started shooting at me at a distance, so I hadn't noticed untill one leg had taken severe damage. I fixed the the though, even if a few of the blocks are still damaged.

Not sure what you're refering to with the ragdoll stuff? Havent noticed any ragdolling.

As for the button yea, afraid whole de-syncing issue came up before I had time to consider stuff like tis, but you're right, would seem smoother :)

Thanks for the compliment on the looks, trying to work some black into the paintjob atm, I'll show you once I feel its there

Reactions: iceman6491
    Reaction score
    Trouble shooting update:

tried detaching all the legs and building new ones from scratch.. replaced the rotations on the ship aswell.. everything brand new. Things worked fine up untill a point. Around the time I'd been working with the second joint for a bit, the leg de-synced again :(.

it's worth noting that I have several other docked entites that work just fine, so this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Btw, this should prolly be in the technical support forum by now :P