Personal Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I belive there should be a block (i know there is a personal block) but i suggest that there is a block that runs like the faction block exept only for you.

Reaction score
    Why not? No more new recruits stealing the commander\'s personal battleship or any of that stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its a very good idea like lets say i build a titan and one of my faction recruits betrays me and steals it and puts it in his local catalog and sends my ship into the sun?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps if you were allowed to be a faction within a faction, the facton block would allow you to set a \"personal faction\" and then you are also a member of the \"fleet faction X\".

Same block, multiple purposes.

Reaction score
    I like the idea about a personal block. Maybe it can have a different function - if you are in a ship with a \"personal protection module\" or whatever, 5 minutes after you logout it locks up the ship and makes it invicible, immobile, and unable to be modified (also shuts off any AI modules/turrets attached to the ship).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    well i think that permananent protection is better if you can add permission to coertain people by entering their name in the \"add owner\" function.

Reaction score
    no protection but having a new module would be nice for that purpose. it would be like a mini faction where you are the owner and theres other people that can use it but if you dont want them to you remove them from list, and they dont have to be in your faction if ownership is on but they can\'t dock/undock but the block can be put on the home and linked to the docking module and if their name is on the ship module and station module they can dock.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why would you want that? Isn\'t this a pvp game? Why are your things damage proof without you in them?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Starmade succeeds in its universe being as interactive as possible.

Reaction score
    maybe leave it as a single faction block, but make it so you can set tiers. so for this station/ship Lv1 members and above can access. for that station/ship only Lv4/Founders can access.

Reaction score
    Honestly the only two ideas I see making sense out of this are either allowing someone to be in multiple factions so they can create a personal ship in their personal faction (which seems a bit dumb), or maybe change the new block that was just added to allow you to use it to the opposite effect, and make private blocks that only you can use (of course, a toggle so you can choose whether to public or private something, and faction is the intermediate stage).

Reaction score
    Only have a player allowed to have one active Protection Modul, and have it activate only minutes afte logout/server restart. It\'s not a PvP ruining item, it\'s grief protection.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What if we just expanded the functionality of the faction block to cover all permissions and ownership?

Faction - Naturally set to the faction of the owner.

Crew - Adding the faction block to a ship, automatically creates a sub-faction called (ShipName)-crew, with the ship-owner as captain, You can only join a crew with permission from the captain.

Permissions that can be set individually for (Faction, Crew, and Everyone)

• Board (Operate doors and Gravity generators)
    • Fly (steer and engage engines, man guns, etc.)
    • Build (add and remove blocks)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT IF SOMEONE TAKES A BUILD BLOCK AND PLOPS IT ON MY MOTHERSHIP AND SCAVENGES IT IS THAT FAIR?!?!?!? sorry for the rage