Persistnat, re-namable, map markers

Reaction score
    Now that we have this very lovely map, how about the ability to rename map markers as we explore them. Say for example I wipe out a pirate station, on the map called station345, I would like to be able to change it to say, "Destroyed pirate station". If, for example I find a shop, instead of station543, I could say, "TG Shop"(trade guild). You get the idea.
    Would be nice to be able to create new markers as well.

All of these could be set as visible to "all" or "faction". Then I could explore and mark info for everyone, or just my faction.

Reaction score
    If this gets implemented I am making a map to Treasure Planet and no one can stop me!

Reaction score
    Great idea. I think setting should be "All", "Faction", "Allies", and "Personal", with the "All" being something that could be disabled in server config.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't think you should be able to rename shops. They're owned by the Trade Guild, and they'd probably get mad at you for doing that. Otherwise, support. You should also be able to filter waypoints placed by specific players, so "xXxD34thL0rdxXx," who places hundreds of markers labeled "xXxD34thL0rdxXx iz awesom!!!" can be hidden to cause less annoyance and clutter.