Perpindicular Modules

Reaction score
    Ever want to have your ship be facing forward, while spitting SD-KB missiles from your dorsal side, not unlike a VLS missile strike?

Ever want to make a space faring galleon, firing broadsides of AMCs?

Ever wish you could just sit straight, while eating a asteroid from salvage cannosn firing downwards from the keel of your ship?

Well, then your not the only one. I do suggest the ability to fire weapons in other directions besides your bow. And for those of you about to mention turrets, shut up...

Similar to how a rotated dock/turret module rotates the docking area, a rotated weapon should fire in the direction its facing.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Okay, I know how you feel, I have thought about this before, but it always falls down to one thing for me. Aiming.

How would you aim such weapons with the crosshair oriented to the bow. Before you say \"Cockpits look where they are oriented, dont, that is way to buggy, as if you move your mouse to aim, it spins the ship like you was facing forward and managed to place the cursor there.

Reaction score
    If you rotate the weapon or salvage computer, then everything linked to them fires in that direction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ships tend to be long, with long guns down the centre, right? Well precision guns would be that main gun and turrets. This would be more like a wide area of effect barage. instead of having a singlepowerfull weapon, you would have hundreds of weak ones, all shooting at the same time. Most of the hits would miss, but then loads would hit as well.

Ive thought about this a couple of times myself, when designing ships, and have never wanted it for anything precise, just masive, broad arrays of weapons, or salvage cannons or something.

Thats just how I feel about it though :)

EDIT: Just read the commetn above mine. Thats awesome, and Im going to use it now. Thanks :)

Reaction score
    Rotating weapons/computers do not work.

Otherwise my Arleigh Burkes Replica would be completed...

Reaction score
    The reason why someone wants to have many weapons arranged in a broadside, is to pepper someone, wouldn\'t it?

Besides, don\'t want to aim? Use SD-KB missiles then.

Reaction score
    Use other players in the computers. My broadside cannons work well with that. I\'m pretty sure you still have to rotate the computers, though.

Reaction score
    Rotating the computers/weapons did nothing. Whether it was just the weapon, or just the computer, or both.