Planned permission block features

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    List of what would be useful in a faction permission block. (I personally think faction modules are pretty much spot on the way they are now)

Faction Permission Module:
    []anyone []allies
    rank []1 []2 []3 []4 []5
    [] Name____________ (separate with commas)
    [] pass code ____
    - affected blocks
    []adjacent blocks
    []closest function block
    []radius 1----------------100
    []doors []buttons [] weapons computers [] core(flight only) []build block
    -allow building in radius []

If this doesn't cover what everyone wants from faction control, I don't know what does.

Explanations:

-rank is an obvious one.
    -Name, to allow temporary or permanent access without enabling everyone at rank, or for people outside faction.
    -pass code, a 4 digit number that would be punched in for access
    -affected blocks: you'd be able to choose exactly how much area that particular permission block covers reducing the number of visible permission blocks, and overall ship mass.
    You'd also be able to allow low ranking personnel to pilot ships, fire weapons, etc. without granting them access to the whole ship.
    -allow building within radius: this would allow you to do collaborative projects more easily with ANYONE. You'd be able to designate their area with the radius function. For example, if you want to hire a contractor to build you a weapon or a reactor in a certain space, or if you want to give a person a space to build a house on your planet.

D

Deleted member 433088

Agreed, these would be nice features for the permission block. So far it doesn't seem to have much functionality if any, but I believe some of this is planned already:

Faction Role Permissions

This new feature now allows faction members to restrict access to their structures over the faction block. The access can be set by rank, and only that or better ranks can edit/enter that structure.

That way, factions don't have to worry about double-agents infiltrating the faction and destroying the home base and all their ships when they are offline, as long as they don't promote that double agent.

Another feature is a 'Friendly fire' options for factions. This can be set to each role individually in the faction options. A member in that role with that option will be kicked from the faction on the 3rd attack on their own faction.

This will hopefully help factions to admit more new players without having to fear about their belongings being destroyed.

I will also add faction rank based permission blocks that can be placed on any block that can be activated (e.g. storage) to serve the same purpose on a more detailed scale.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think it would be nice to have them also link to logic so you can turn them on and off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Bump
    I want this feature a lot!
    The faction block rank permission is cool, but doesn't let you set restricted doors/area so much

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    re-bump, this should be on the next release. Please, push it ahead of fauna... I dont even see it on the road map...