Permission block, and restricting faction members from..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In game i was instrocted that somehow i can restric my other faction members form touching my things with permission block, but when i placed it on ship i could not use it or do anything with it.

How exactly to make use of that block?

Also is there a way to not let other ( including higher ranks) faction members take/ edit my ship when im not faction leader?

I tired using search but it didnt give me answers.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The permission block actually allows everyone to use the thing it is next to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    oh.. so if i understand correctly instead of restrocting my faction , it allows everyone even outside use my stuff??

If there a way to no let my faction members use and edit my ships?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Other than kicking them/hiding the ships, none that i know of.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    kicking is only after damage is already done, and only for a leader...
    i was hoping there is a mechanic letting me join a faction without 100% trusting bunch of strangers that i just want to get to know.

I guess im doomed to be 1 man faction forever ;P

Reaction score
    Pretty sure that'll change with the faction update, since it is asked for quite a bit. Until then, I guess try and find people you trust? There's factions out there that seem to have things under control, such as DFN, Vaygr and the Void Templar. Might want ask them how they do it.

Reaction score
    If you put a faction block on a ship, it factions the ship- otherwise, it just either makes the block it's next to public or faction, no privacy really or security- what tends to occur is that one man factions ally themselves for security of their belongings; some people use faction blocks for one ship and the faction is that ship

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is somewhat annoying to have to be in a faction in order to use faction blocks.

What I not understand is why the game has not a faction called "PName" where Name is replaced by player name as default faction for each player, unless they join some "FName" faction (P/F excluded from displaying).
    Another thing which is stupid: You faction your ship, get kicked by your leader and what then? can't access your ship any-more? If you want to know such things, you have to know admin commands and test it locally - no wiki entry about it.

You could make traps with logic and pulsars + add a password ;)
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/circuits-thread.2047/ (last post of mine atm)

A few bits somewhere on the hull you have to enter first :)
    Blinking alert lights (clock AND armed) if you enter a protected area without entering your password, a damage pulse some blocks later :D

Reaction score
    It is somewhat annoying to have to be in a faction in order to use faction blocks.

What I not understand is why the game has not a faction called "PName" where Name is replaced by player name as default faction for each player, unless they join some "FName" faction (P/F excluded from displaying).
    Another thing which is stupid: You faction your ship, get kicked by your leader and what then? can't access your ship any-more? If you want to know such things, you have to know admin commands and test it locally - no wiki entry about it.

You could make traps with logic and pulsars + add a password ;)
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/circuits-thread.2047/ (last post of mine atm)

A few bits somewhere on the hull you have to enter first :)
    Blinking alert lights (clock AND armed) if you enter a protected area without entering your password, a damage pulse some blocks later :D
    What knowledge? I would try to put it in the wiki if you explain the specific issue

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What knowledge? I would try to put it in the wiki if you explain the specific issue
    1. What happens if you have a ship of yours factioned and get kicked or leave w/o un-faction it first.

2. The wiki (afaik) does not tell how faction modules work. The in-game description is wrong.

Maybe it would be sufficient to improve the description in blockConfig.xml and post a diff + request to apply it on the default.

Reaction score
    1. What happens if you have a ship of yours factioned and get kicked or leave w/o un-faction it first.

2. The wiki (afaik) does not tell how faction modules work. The in-game description is wrong.

Maybe it would be sufficient to improve the description in blockConfig.xml and post a diff + request to apply it on the default.
    Ok, I shall try and fix this, iPad style :D
    Edit: Happy to report that I have just added some more information on the module
    http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Faction_Module
    Just been informed that this is an unofficial wiki, damnit- still, the info should work

Last edited: