Permanent 60fps bug - v0.094731

Reaction score
    In the last couple days, my framerate has been locked at 60 fps, even though the option isn't checked, and never has been. Normally it would be up around 300 or 400fps, but it stays at 60 fps regardless of what is on the screen.

I could see how possibly, maybe, it MIGHT be a performance enhancement to limit the frame rate to 60 if there's a lot going on so it limits having to try to draw higher refresh rates, but I never saw any kind of detriment to leaving the 60 fps selection unchecked. At any rate, it's locked at 60 now, without the selection being checked, and nothing was mention in any notes about it, so it's a bug.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Did you turn vert-sync on?

Reaction score
    Most monitors can only display 60FPS anyway.

But if it really bothers you, like therimmer said check vert sync is not on, that limits it to your monitors max fps.

Reaction score
    Also, the monitors are at 75hz for refresh, so definitely not tied to the monitor refresh rate.

Also, why put a setting in that limits refresh rate in the first place? To what end?

Thanks for the replies.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    - Fixed framerate is off.

- Vsync is off

- Both of these settings are off in your Nvidia or AMD control panel too (or set to use game default).

Limiting framerate can prevent certain desync issues like screen tearing on higher performance systems due to once piece of hardware just about not keeping up with another when rendering each frame.

One might also choose to use it to keep hardware temperatures lower amongst other things.

Reaction score
    Fixed frame rate and vsync are both off, and the video drivers are set to \"Use application settings\" (I rarely feel the need to over ride game settings except for gamma).

Anyway, not a big deal or a game breaker for me, but if the frame rate was normally up in the hundreds, and it\'s locked at 60 when the settings say otherwise, I reported it. Something has changed in the game in the last few days because all kinds of game features are acting up.

Thanks for the answers. :)