Read by Schine perks of a Offical server for Developers to take into account.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We all hear the suggestions of players requesting a offical server.

After careful though, i have noticed, there are many perks to which may improve star made in general.

The server can be closely monitored by developers, via charts and data sheets, and in game.
    With time, they can add modifications to improve server performance under stress and high player count.
    to also make the server/universe more unique to keep players interested in the game, giving perks to both owning a faction, and being territorial, or being a nomad, and sightseeing.

after some serious work, you could also setup a MMO server, where it will be 100+ players, smooth game play, many players around the universe: fighting, trading, exploring, chilling, etc.

Also, giving developers a clear perception and hands on work to make quick corrections to any errors shown on logs. In other words, the official server would be generating new patches constantly by the developers, to make the game better overall.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    All of this is true, there are some great benefits to having an 'Official Server'. I do not dispute that. It is also not going to happen anytime soon.

We will eventually need to play long term as a team to ensure the game works or is balanced. This is something we discussed but it isn't something we planned anytime soon.
    My guess, it won't happen until after the game gets out of 'demo mode' and you will actually have to pay for it. I'm covered, you're covered, but a lot of people don't feel the need to support an "alpha game that's free anyway".

Reaction score
    Man... This all sounds amazing and all however the game is a bit far from having the chance to even start such preparations for setting up servers like that.

I can only blame myself for finding this game so early...

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Man... This all sounds amazing and all however the game is a bit far from having the chance to even start such preparations for setting up servers like that.

I can only blame myself for finding this game so early...
    Or you can blame your parents for making you this early :P

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    after some serious work, you could also setup a MMO server, where it will be 100+ players, smooth game play, many players around the universe: fighting, trading, exploring, chilling, etc.
    Extremely serious work...

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Better to give them a choice instead of take their money and have them end up hating us forever.
    How about making it easier for server admins to upload files to the devs? Perhaps there could be a tool in the StarMote that allows admins to click a button in order to upload the latest logs (or the last certain number of minutes of logs), export and upload a sector, provide server specs, java version, ect.?