Penta's Tetra's And Corners for every block that already has wedges

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It would be nice if we had Penta's Tetra's And corners for all blocks that already have wedges implemented, like doors, crystals ...

(if you do it please think for a solution to door texture orientation the wedges somtimes have vertical lines and the blocks horizontal)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah i think it would be cool to see pentas and tetras for motherboards, I like using them for cloak armour.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The amount of IDs this would take up is ridiculous...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It would be good for planets and structures. Voxels are cool, but planets would be better if they were 'smoothed,' and trees and caves and buildings that generate would also benefit.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    153. That's how many IDs this would take up.

I'm gonna say "no." I'd like to see them for doors/forcefields, but those are the only ones I see being worth it.

Yeah i think it would be cool to see pentas and tetras for motherboards, I like using them for cloak armour.
    It'd be cool, yeah. I like using them for cloakers too. I'd rather we just get cloaking as a system redone to allow for cloakers to use normal hull, though.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It would be good for planets and structures. Voxels are cool, but planets would be better if they were 'smoothed,' and trees and caves and buildings that generate would also benefit.
    Yes... THIS, I would not mind. The blocks are already there, so it'd be nice if there were tetras and pentas only for terrain blocks so the terrain generator could do a smoothing pass and make the terrains look 100000x better. And yeah, it would be good for doors; I can't think of anything else that should get this treatment. As Lecic said, if anything cloaking mechanics should just be reworked to allow for having a hull made of, well, Hull, without allowing for any more system blocks than currently. Perhaps system blocks and armor should take up more 'virtual mass' for cloaking mechanics than other miscellaneous blocks, so hulled (but not armored) cloakers are allowed for. It makes sense to me; systems would naturally give off energy/emission signatures that would take more power to conceal with space magic than dead metal.