Parent Ship

Reaction score
    Guy I have an idea for a simple mod, guys, make the mod which makes mother ship shields apply for all docked objects (turrents and ships). Make it optional if you have to (to avoid thousands of people complaining in this chat how unfair that is)

Reaction score
    This would SEVERELY unbalance turrets. If you want to protect your fighters use plex doors.

Reaction score
    Well, I thought so, people instead of answering, tells that it is bullshit, but I have my opinion and please respect it, and i sayed it is optional, why you guys cant just make the mod, if you dont like it, dont use it...
    I am trying to make some kind of a stargate type, destiny ship with weak turrets thing, and i hate to see that after every fight my ship is intact, but all of my turrets are gone.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Go easy on the new guys. And new guy, don't take it so personal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    make so missile can't go past their blowing up range and they can't go through 2 blocks of hull unless it has enough damage

Reaction score
    why you guys cant just make the mod.
    Because mods like this currently are simply not* possible.

(* Assuming that we imply a reasonable timeframe and a fair amount of residual sanity after making the mod.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    why you guys cant just make the mod
    Because mods like this currently are simply not* possible.

(* Assuming that we imply a reasonable timeframe and a fair amount of residual sanity after making the mod.)
    @der_scheme pretty much nailed it. Granted, when people say that a game mod is not possible, they do not, as der_scheme tried to specify, necessarily mean that it can't be done, they're saying that it cannot be done without re-writing parts of the game's current engine...which is no simple feat. Generally, if a mod for a game requires much in the way of engine alteration, modders won't do it. Especially for a mod as relatively small as this. It simply takes too much time, effort, and damage to one's sanity. I, for one, would never do it. I simply don't have the time nor patience.