Paint Tools

Reaction score
    Instead of having to craft the different colors for armor in factories, it would be much nicer to have a painting function in starmade. There would only be the basic "grey" block that you would have to build. And while in build mode you could middle mouse click to paint already placed blocks, and access the advanced build menue to select your colors.

The variety of colors are a bit lacking. Working on the base color paints, you could mix paints together. For instance, mixing blue with dark grey would make a darker blue color, and white a lighter blue color. Several of the colors in the game are to strong of a color, for example I feel the yellow is to strong of a yellow, and painful to look at, If I could make it a darker yellow, it would be a great system.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We have colour stored via block-IDs.
    Every colour takes one ID.

A computer or decorative takes 1 ID per type, armour takes 1 ID per colour and type (wedge, etc).

We could have more colours, but that would need a sacrifice elsewhere - the ability to store hp per single block for example - which shine is likely not going to do.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree with the first part: we should be able to repaint blocks in-place.

It would be nice if the painting "function", however it is implemented, could select an entire group of same-colored blocks, to repaint entire swaths at a time. It should also do repainting for multiple shapes, so that you can repaint all the blocks of a certain color at once. Effectively, it would replace all the cubes of color 1 with color 2, then all the wedges of color 1 with color 2, then all the corners of color 1 with color 2, and so on, for the entire selection area or same-color group that needs to be repainted.

Reactions: wafflepie