Paint Capsule LoD Models - Add Variety, Not Remove it!

Do you want the new paint capsules to be a uniquely shaped block, or just a retextured pipe?

• Keep Paint Capsules A Unique Block!

Votes: 5 55.6%
    • Remove Paint Capsules, Dawn The Era of Colored Pipes!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    At some point, our dear, ugly friend, the paint capsule will be replaced with a 3D model. while I'd love for this to be fantastic news, the truth is it sadly isn't.

Capsules are being REMOVED in favor of what is essentially colored pipes, with the EXACT SAME SHAPE.

Shape... Shape is a hundred times more important than texture: Imagine if we didn't have tetras, just that small shape, that little bit of variety.
    Having that slight difference makes all the difference in the world when building.

In the most prominent example (and I'm sure more can be found),
    capsules' slightly smaller size than pipes has allowed us to create more smooth and flowing antennas that protrude from our ships. Without that smaller size, it is jarring to transition into the spindly lines of light rods.

Just small changes in shape to break up the monotony and conformity of ships is all we need, and adding variety wherever you can, not removing it, is never a bad idea.

Difference and variety that will be lost if Saber continues his mad path of destruction. Variety is the spice of life, AND THE SPICE MUST FLOW.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    While I do want a different shape, I also kinda want colored pipes.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Imagine: Immortal peoples, no babies. That happened to the Q in StarTrek

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I thought we were just getting updated capsules with LoD versions. Sad if we don't.
    Having coloured variations of pipes would be handy.

I would love to have a LoD pyramid block. Something I suggested a long time ago.