Packetloss related issues.

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can't use my internet service between the hours of 6AM and 10PM because my internet service doesn't work when a large amount of people get online and the ISP hardware apparently doesn't support this many people. Soooo. I was playing earlier today and experienced a fair few fun bugs due to the packetloss. Felt they should be reported.

1. Duplication.
    While moving items from inventory to plex storage, I moved a stack of 1500 salvage beams and then it added that same stack to the location I moved it from all over again along with a copy of the stack in the storage. I figured "Just a visual bug" so I moved the stack again and then it said in storage I had 3000. I still figured "display bug" and ignored it. I lost connection and reconnected with the same 3000 in there. So my packetloss duplicated a stack of items. The server should not read the client data for amount of items owned, otherwise people can use programs like cheat engine to cheat in the game. Server needs to verify stack amounts and all such data to prevent duplication or loss.

2. Item loss
    While doing the above, I had moved 90% of my inventory to storage, and when I came back to see I had still 3000 salvage beams, I also saw that I lost 20,000 hardened black hulls, 1000 black hulls, 500 thrusters, 5000 power cores, and at least 10 stacks of other items including docking units and an undeathinator and such. Only 25% of my inventory made it into storage. Again, server needs to do real time checks on both player inventory and verify the data was moved before it removes it from an inventory. No more duplication or item loss. This is serious business.

3. Teleportation
    I'm not sure why this happened, I assumed it was lag but I didn't get that "5 seconds" "10 seconds" warning at all when it happened. I had finished buying stuff from the shop, and turned around to fly to the planet which was only 700m away. I got almost there and for some reason just teleported, poof, nothing on radar at all (nav menu). I saw I was moved 2km away from the planet, 2 sectors in one direction. (aka, if I was at 8,8,8, after this move, I would be at 10,8,8. Not giving real co-ordnates.)

I hope this helps in finding how to repair these bugs. Just a bit of info, my packetloss comes from my net being shot through several trees, it's a 2.4GHz, 4 watt, 5 mile long directional beam. Packets from both ends of my dish and the dish on the other end tend to get lost when they hit tree leaves. It's unlikely many others will experience this kind of issue unless their net starts getting random packetloss too. If you have had these issues, please post so we all know if it's more wide spread than just me. I'm a little tired of people telling me the issues I'm having are me only...