• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey all. After many sleepless nights and hair-loss inducing stress and crying in a corner for 48 hours, I bring you a new suggestion.
    Currently, Starmade's block editor actively discourages and punishes anyone from attempting to use it's evilly convoluted, twisted, godforsaken system.
    I think people would be much more encouraged to make and edit blocks by overhauling the Block Editor with:
    • Making the Block Editor program and texture selection tab start aligned to top left, and actually fit in the screen, as opposed to having to move and resize everything, every single time.
    • A clean UI, in the style of the new launcher and in-game menu.
    • Fixing of options which no longer work, such as "move entry", "duplicate entry", "create new category", and many, many more.
    • Adding missing scroll bar for Options List when right-clicking a category.
    • Reduced clutter and file size by removal of deprecated cube atom related lines within blocks in the config.
    • Removal of deprecated blocks such as colored/burnt dirt, water and lava.
    • Making the program automatically save to the block config instead of oblivion.
    • Making the program actually capable of saving files as .XML as opposed to... .file?
    • Making the program NOT crash after adding multiple entries, saving it, closing the block editor, and attempting to reopen it.
    • Making Starmade NOT crash OR get stuck on loading after adding multiple entries to the block editor and saving it.
    • Update Code for Custom Texture packs to recognize and accept .TGA files

I believe adding all of above would go an
    ABSOLUTELY INCOMPREHENSIBLY TITANIC
    way to making the creation and editing of blocks MUCH, MUCH MORE ACCESSIBLE. For not only ALL players, but Schine members themselves.
    (Assuming they don't use an actually working, superior system, that's unreleased to the public.)

(Yes, these are all real problems I faced that really occured.)

Last edited: