Outside Cameras

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, I have a suggestion for a new item that can be added and used from the core of the ship.

I have this idea of placeable cameras that go in or around your ship, these cameras would barely use any power, and would be used through the ship core, or by placing monitors which would hook up to your ships core.

The cameras would be two kinds:

Security Cameras, which could be placed anywhere on the ship, inside and outside, to monitor around, with the only downside being you wouldn't be able to aim weapons or such. These cameras would be able to look around freely from where you placed them. Maybe as some form of an idea, they could be hooked to something like alarms if they're triggered. Very fragile, but also cheap.

Battle Cameras, which esentially are the same as the Security cameras, but allows you to aim what systems are hooked up to them, such as mining lasers or bombs and even thrusters. An example of this is like selecting one battle camera would let you control the mining lasers on the side of the ship, or the weapons on the other side of the ship when it's too slow to turn around. These can also be placed on the outside of the ship, allowing you to protect your ships core a bit more and see out of the ship. These cameras are durable, but they're also expensive to boot.

It's only a suggestion, so any feedback is accepted :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this is kinda allready in the game buy an SD cockpit draw back is thatyou cant aim it in any direction other then the front but i hear that its planed so that you can change orintation of it and weopens

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I support this ideas because of the ways I\'ve seen people build their ship. They get so big and bulky that having cameras would help.

I would say that there should be a command console that you could place on your ship in some form of interior you\'ve created (maybe a surveillence room), plop down a block, and just scan through the scenery of your choice, as you mentioned.

Having a security room would actually be awesome and add some form of variety in people\'s ship interior. And I like your idea of having two types. Would be handy having the military ones with targetting.

Reaction score
    DO WANT. I want to sit in a chair and see all the different angles of the ship so +1