Recognized Orphan Wormholes Please

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I'm not sure the algorithm being used for wormholes, but every galaxy having only one unified wormhole highway is not the best possible. If it's not a major modification, it would be nice to see maybe one small wormhole highway and a percentage of 2-point wormholes as well that are simply a single blast from one point to another and are not a part of a chain of wormholes.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    In some instances it would be cool to just end up in random places.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ive always thought it was strange to have them ALL connected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Or multiple highways that don't connect to each other.

Or one-way wormholes that drop you in space with no return wormhole around.

Or unstable wormholes that only exist for a short period of time, then pop up in a different location or disappear entirely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    instead of an unstable wormhole disappearing/moving, What if it just TP'd you to a random location in the galaxy? Just not into a sun plz.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    instead of an unstable wormhole disappearing/moving, What if it just TP'd you to a random location in the galaxy? Just not into a sun plz.
    Though, how is that useful? Current wormholes are, I've come to realize, fun. Charting courses through the various shortcuts the wormhole network offers is one of the game's genuinely entertaining aspects, and I support anything that expands on that, but a spit-you-out randomly-hole just isn't useful.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Never said useful. But it could be interesting. More like an obstacle to be avoided rather then ran towards.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wormholes could be 2 ways tunnel, but connection wouldn't show up on map. And some wormholes could connect u even with intergalactical void or another galaxy.
    It also would be fun to add some risk while passing through wormhole.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Wormholes could be 2 ways tunnel, but connection wouldn't show up on map. And some wormholes could connect u even with intergalactical void or another galaxy.
    It also would be fun to add some risk while passing through wormhole.
    Should the connection show after you fly through the wormhole? I think so.

Can there be a device/block that allows you to circumvent or minimize that danger? I'd like one (huzzah for specialized explorer ships).
    Off topic:
    I want to see more galactic formations and environment. Ion storms, comets, solar flares, low gravity gas clouds, space whales, that sort of thing. And for each type of stellar formation an effect on the ship, and for each effect a way to fight against it. So if worm holes are made more dangerous, I want a way to deal with the danger.

Reaction score
    Wormholes and black holes could be made different entities; the latter being dangerous to players but more common and wormholes rare but valuable. (Maybe valuable and rare enough for a faction to defend?)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I like how I can almost always get from anywhere in the galaxy to anywhere else quickly with wormholes.

I would not want this unless there was a major change to galaxy generation to include a set of TG warpgates, or the game allowed players to hide their networks from public view to prevent them from getting nuked.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I like how I can almost always get from anywhere in the galaxy to anywhere else quickly with wormholes.

I would not want this unless there was a major change to galaxy generation to include a set of TG warpgates, or the game allowed players to hide their networks from public view to prevent them from getting nuked.
    It's the great balancing act. An infinitely large universe with huge galaxies needs a convenient travel system or it becomes boring to get through. A convenient travel system makes the infinitely large universe seem much smaller, and thus boring or trivial.

But kudos to hiding player built warp gates from others. I say it should work like Byamarro suggested and only show on the map after you have used it. I also would like a pay-to-use feature, but this is a subject for a different thread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    a spit-you-out randomly-hole just isn't useful.
    Assuming that it had a specific 'sphere of influence' that it could spit you into, rather than possibly TPing you to the far edge of the universe or the kill-zone of a star, I think that such a wormhole would actually be fairly useful/fun. Currently I am working on an exploration type RP ship, I would love to be able to take it though a wormhole and end up in a random system. You could also use it as a retreat method.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It is my opinion that wormholes should be more random, and should require some sort of stabilization in order to maintain a connection to a specific point. Now that is a big change and so will need to be discussed internally. We will be talking about the universe changes soon as we will be focusing on factions, the universe and other other major updates in the coming months.