orientation problems

Reaction score
    after this latest update when placing blocks I can't get all the orientation options. certain directions aren't available. either using the ctrl-scroll wheel or clicking the arrows in adv. mode.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Works fine for me. Maybe something went wrong with the update, you could try to reinstall the game.

Reaction score
    well, repair didn't find anything wrong.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431444658,1431443193][/DOUBLEPOST]I also tried a "force download and overwrite" but that didn't work either.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Alas, I'm suffering from the same issue. I was about to take some screenshots to demonstrate the problem and make a post here, but since there's an already existing post I s'pose I won't bother. Last time I played, which was several months ago, it was working correctly. I finally finished this semester of college, heard about the new rail update, and was super excited to try it out, but it seems I'll have to wait :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431445153,1431445116][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is it all blocks or just some (and which ones)?
    In my case, the problem occurs with every block I've tested.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431445444][/DOUBLEPOST]A small edit I'd like to add is that when I initially started the game with realistic textures, all the wrong textures were shown for each block, but the textures are correct with the default textures. I add this in case these two issues have the same cause, but Idk for sure if that's the case.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    In my case, the problem occurs with every block I've tested.
    In that case, have you tried a fresh install? Sometimes there are problems when you update from an older version. Installing to a new location might help.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In that case, have you tried a fresh install? Sometimes there are problems when you update from an older version. Installing to a new location might help.
    Yes; I removed the previous one and ran the launcher to create a fresh install. Issue persisted. I am currently updating the installation I have on a separate computer to see if the issue occurs there as well (the current computer is a Lenovo running Windows, the other is a MacBook Pro running Ubuntu)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431446438,1431445976][/DOUBLEPOST]In linux on the MacBook Pro, after I click "Start Game" in the launcher, the launcher disappears, but nothing else happens. Idk what the issue is there, probably just specific to me. I'm going to switch to Windows on the MacBook Pro (I have the damned thing triple-booted) and see if it works there.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447619][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, so on the MacBook Pro under Windows it is working correctly... I'd wonder if the gpu is the issue as on the MacBook Pro it's probably using integrated Intel, but on my Lenovo it is using an NVidia card... I guess I'll try to launch it with integrated graphics on my Lenovo and see if that changes anything. I'll also test the realistic graphics on the MacBook.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447725][/DOUBLEPOST]On the MacBook there is no option for realistic textures... was that removed with the most recent update? I'd assume it's just a fossil on my current install on my Lenovo from before the most recent update. That would explain why it doesn't work correctly.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447873][/DOUBLEPOST]Using integrated graphics on the Lenovo does not resolve the issue. I will try one last thing: I will backup my database, then uninstall the game via steam rather than just removing the install directory to force the launcher to reinstall. Maybe having a completely new launcher in addition to install directory will fix it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431448601][/DOUBLEPOST]Even when uninstalling and reinstalling from Steam WITHOUT restoring my backed up database, the issue persists.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Try downloading it from the site and installing. Steam sometimes causes errors just by being steam.
    That's possible. The install on the MacBook Pro was from the website, not steam, so that might be why it's working correctly. I'll try that then report back.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431449192,1431448804][/DOUBLEPOST]Unfortunatly, even that measure didn't seem to alleviate the issue... It did remove the "realistic" option from the textures dropdown, as with the install on the MacBook Pro, but it still doesn't show the orientation preview.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes; I removed the previous one and ran the launcher to create a fresh install. Issue persisted. I am currently updating the installation I have on a separate computer to see if the issue occurs there as well (the current computer is a Lenovo running Windows, the other is a MacBook Pro running Ubuntu)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431446438,1431445976][/DOUBLEPOST]In linux on the MacBook Pro, after I click "Start Game" in the launcher, the launcher disappears, but nothing else happens. Idk what the issue is there, probably just specific to me. I'm going to switch to Windows on the MacBook Pro (I have the damned thing triple-booted) and see if it works there.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447619][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, so on the MacBook Pro under Windows it is working correctly... I'd wonder if the gpu is the issue as on the MacBook Pro it's probably using integrated Intel, but on my Lenovo it is using an NVidia card... I guess I'll try to launch it with integrated graphics on my Lenovo and see if that changes anything. I'll also test the realistic graphics on the MacBook.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447725][/DOUBLEPOST]On the MacBook there is no option for realistic textures... was that removed with the most recent update? I'd assume it's just a fossil on my current install on my Lenovo from before the most recent update. That would explain why it doesn't work correctly.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431447873][/DOUBLEPOST]Using integrated graphics on the Lenovo does not resolve the issue. I will try one last thing: I will backup my database, then uninstall the game via steam rather than just removing the install directory to force the launcher to reinstall. Maybe having a completely new launcher in addition to install directory will fix it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431448601][/DOUBLEPOST]Even when uninstalling and reinstalling from Steam WITHOUT restoring my backed up database, the issue persists.
    Use default textures, now that they've been updated like half a year ago, they look a lot like reallistic (which is no longer supported if I remember correctly).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Use default textures, now that they've been updated like half a year ago, they look a lot like reallistic (which is no longer supported if I remember correctly).
    Thanks, but I am already using default. As I stated before, the MacBook Pro doesn't even have the realistic option, and if I were to use it on the Lenovo, all the textures are wrong, so I'm using default. This does not fix the main issue of this thread though: there is no orientation preview.

Reaction score
    I just got it to work by removing (well, renaming) the setup.cfg and server.cfg files and then preforming a repair.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll try that, then report back.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431454475,1431453705][/DOUBLEPOST]It'll take me a minute till I can actually try it as I'm needing to move some files around, but I don't see a "setup.cfg" file. Do you mean "settings.cfg"?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'll try that, then report back.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431454475,1431453705][/DOUBLEPOST]It'll take me a minute till I can actually try it as I'm needing to move some files around, but I don't see a "setup.cfg" file. Do you mean "settings.cfg"?
    server.cfg, not setup.cfg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    These steps did not fix the issue for me either :/ until we find a fix, I'll just use my work-owned laptop (the MacBook Pro) to play even though my personal laptop (the Lenovo) is WAAAAY more suited for gaming.