Orbital Defense Platform - New Version!

Reaction score
    Orbital Defense Platform Mk2:

Stats:

~200K storage and 200k regen

400K Shields

Very little thrust, just enough to move it.

Album

Download

Orbital Defense Platform MK3:

Stats:

~1.5 million storage and ~ 1 million regen

1 million shields

Even less thrust this time.

Album

Download

Would be nice to someday have the ability to turn these into permanent stations.

-JimE

Reaction score
    My faction actually has a need for something like this to place around our borders, shopclusters and outposts to deter undesirables from the region.

I invite you apply here: http://star-made.org/content/lillymu-mercenary-co-needs-bodies, we\'d love to have you.

Hope you\'ll consider us!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    a lot larger. I mean, 400k shields as a ship will crumble almost instantly when faced with any battleship.

Also, if you can make reactors efficient enough, you can top out a little over 1 million regen before the game enforces a regen cap.

It looks nice as a design but I\'m just concerned it\'s not as powerful as it could be.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware I could make this much more powerful but aesthetics were my main concern from the beginning. They are also by no means intended as a last line of defense but more of a deterrence and early warning system on the outskirts of your system.

You have got me thinking about a bigger version of this and maybe having a couple smaller ones flanking the larger one.

-JimE

Reaction score
    Great Defensive structures, you have a light and medium stregnth i think that now you should build a bigger ship to be used as a base.

:D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    With all due represent, with no limits set in the game there is no point in making such comments. Anyone including a complete beginner could throw together a block of AMCs and reactors in minutes and have DPS in the 10,000s to 100,000s. I\'d like to think that a lot of players of SM are interested in more than just how big a hole they can blow in an asteriod/planet or how long the shields will last.

There are two sorts of players in SM those that like to create works of art that stretch the limits of what was thought to be possible with simplic blocks and those that want to strive for optimisation of their creations through the mechanics of the game.

It takes a true skilled player to create something that no only looks fantastic, but fullfilling the visual design brief while also functioning in the way the designer truly intended (a combination of the two play styles), to which I think the original poster as very much suceeded. For that I think he royally deserves at pat on the back.

Do not change it mate, it\'s grade A work.