Option to hide logic connections

Would you find this useful?

• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
    • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    It would be nice to have an option to hide the logic and factory connections when not in build mode.
    I don't like having to look at a rats nest of connections or go through the trouble of routing them out of the way.

Reaction score
    Yes, dear God yes. Why is this not in already? IMO it's cutting off a lot of creativity.

Maybe it should show only in build mode?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh yes! That is THE thing keeping me from using logic. Oh how helpful it would be when it would only show in buildmode!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But then hackers can't spy out your connection patterns...

FunnyBunny ninjaed me :D
    Oh yes! That is THE thing keeping me from using logic. Oh how helpful it would be when it would only show in buildmode!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I thought I read in the original news post that the visible connections would some day be invisible outside of build mode. I assume they are leaving it in for now, to allow quick logic troubleshooting.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't know, some people like to use logic pipes as decoration. I'll support this when we get a decorative block we can use to simulate the logic pipes.

Reaction score
    I don't know, some people like to use logic pipes as decoration. I'll support this when we get a decorative block we can use to simulate the logic pipes.
    It would only be a client side option for those that don't want to see the pipes. If you want to see them, don't check the box to disable them.

Reaction score
    i agree, some factory are just a mess with all this connection show everytime. An option to make them show on build mode only will be really nice.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well, when they first came out, they were only visible in build mode....once you came out of build mode they did not show. I believe the very next update, which wasn't long after, made them always show, But yes, I would like an option to not see them when not in build mode.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe also render connections >from a selected< one outside build mode?

Reaction score
    Even in build mode it will usefull to have the option to hide them. I'm building complex compressed logic system and because i have too must connection, in a small area, i'm no more able to see what i need to do .... Really need a option to hide them.

ex:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I completely agree with this. I'm thinking they should only be visible in build mode and furthermore have an option to toggle them on and off, maybe in the advanced build menu next to the odd-sim toggle. I understand that some people use them as an aesthetic in their builds, and sometimes it looks great, but i see a "pipe" block being more useful in this situation. I'm wondering if the dev team could use the same functionality that's already in place for the symmetry mode grids and just apply it to the links.

Another suggestion to add to this would be perhaps an option to toggle on and off for individual links. Sometimes the links are very helpful but as in the case that Bouchmuad demonstrated they can also completely obstruct the view of the circuit.

Reaction score
    in adition to this i could imagin a "switch" block wich could rout multiple connections.

Example:

1. Select a Button "c"
    2. Connect to first Switch "v"
    3. Connect to second Switch "v"
    5. ....
    6. ....
    7. ....
    8. Connect to Target 1 "v"
    Repeate from 2. for Target 2,3,4,5...

mor work to do but only for the ppl who want the cables visible.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This is right up there with shops not being able to have different buy/sell prices on the list of problems which would be very easy to fix but linger on month after month.