Option to filter out "Docked" entities, please!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not going to lie, I've got a ship with 82 turrets on it and 10 fighters inside. There are green triangles everywhere. It's damned annoying, especially when trying to find a friend's ship in the navigation menu. Docked entities are usually ships, turrets, or fighter drones (note I say usually), and I think that anything that's docked to a turret docking module shouldn't be on the radar anyway, personally.

Can we please have an option to filter out the information we don't need?

Cheers,

Heb

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t have that many turrets, only 18, but still it\'s a pain.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    An option to turn off the green diamonds for *everything*, too. I can barely see my ship for them. I mean, you know, yeah I could take some turrets off it but that\'s not the point.

I suggest that anything filtered out on your navigation menu shouldn\'t show a diamond in space, either. Filtering out means you don\'t want to see it, why give us an option to not see it if we must still see it?

Reaction score
    I\'d rather have an option to filter docked friendlies than docked anything. I\'d hate to be taken surprise by an enemy base covered with turrets. (This actually happened to me on my first day of playing. I thought I had found an abandoned space station. All of a sudden everything was flashing red. Good thing they were all turrets and that I had a fast-as-hell ship.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn fine idea, sir. Being able to filter docked friendlies would be brilliant. Not too fussed about docked enemies, because who really uses the nav menu when in combat anyway? Not I!

But there\'s really no need for all the green and blue triangles and diamonds everywhere, it\'s just clutter. This game could be so pretty but it\'s marred with unneeded UI elements when a server or sector gets particularly busy.

Come on, Schema! YOu\'ve brought the filter menu this far, bring it a little further! :D

Reaction score
    I think another option would be to create a turret block that would not count as a ship. That way it you could put turrets on your ship without it cluttering the UI. The only downside of this would of course be that you couldn\'t judge the power of another enimy ship that you were fighting.

Reaction score
    Adding filters to the targetting UI would be fantastic. You can\'t even see carriers past all of the diamonds covering them.

Reaction score
    This is actually a great idea. Being on my Home Planet, I see green triangles all over the place. ._.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well this has more support than I thought it would. Anyone else any ideas? :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gonna bump this... Any word on this feature or one like it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with this, for even a few turrets (One of my crusier has 35) is terribly annoying. In response/agreement to askaholic one possibility could be to click on that entity in your navigation screen to get the objects mass, and if there are turrets, that could also be displayed. Just a thought, though there definitely needs to be a turret block, hopefully soon.

Reaction score
    We need tons more filter options, but this is probably the most useful to start with.

Also, a \"don\'t show on-screen pointer for hidden navigation items\" is needed.