Option to disable spawn animation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hello!

Quite often, it takes an eternity to spawn. In that time I have to watch myself spinning around and around and around and around .... you get the idea :). It would be nice, if I could spawn without any spinning or other camera movement.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    The camera-path during the initial spawn serves a purpose. The figure-8 that it follows is meant to trigger chunk-loading so that there is an environment (of blocks) around when your body renders in. This process must take place and may take half a minute or more.

If the chunk-loading is taking too long for you I would suggest that this means your computer is under-powered. There are things you can do that will improve this;

-Lower your graphical settings. Resolution, # of beams drawn, view-distance etc.
    -Check you memory settings and allocate more memory to SM.
    -Upgrade your processor, video card & Ram. (Probably in that order?)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The camera-path during the initial spawn serves a purpose. The figure-8 that it follows is meant to trigger chunk-loading so that there is an environment (of blocks) around when your body renders in. This process must take place and may take half a minute or more.
    This is very interesting. I wonder if it would be possible to do this pre-chunk loading in the tutorial sector before the astronauts, including the player and all the NPCs are loaded into the tutorial station. This would prevent NPCs from falling through the station floor before you can talk to them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hey. Thank you for your answer. I can compute 8 threads simultaneously, have 32 GB Ram, a SSD and a GForce GTX 970 ti. I don't believe, that that qualifies as 'underpowered'.
    And even if the spawn sequence serves a purpose, does it necessarily have to be displayed or could it be a background process, that doesnt make me dizzy :)