Option/setting to keep a ship at a certain speed without holding down W.

Reaction score
    Similar to other space games, it'd be nice to not have to hold down W all the time to go forward.

So when enabling this option the ship would go at a certain speed until the player decelerates/accelerates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This. Maybe a key to lock speed, or a way to type in a certain speed and go at it until you press it again.

Reaction score
    undr server config set friction to 0, it makes space realistic, you dont slow down without stopping with S or SHIFT

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    That is a nonsolution.

These guys want throttle control so that not only is traveling easier, but they also get the benefit of being able to use a joystick through xpadder, and be able to use a similar control scheme to Wing Commander.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like a \"wanted speed\" - w/s works as now. Shift+W/S sets your \"wanted speed\"

The closer \"wanted speed\" is to the maximum, the more it cripples your maneuverability naturally. It could be a neat thing to set \"wanted speed\" to maybe \"100\" in fights, or even change your hotkeys to put strafe on wasd and inc/dec speed (or wanted distance to target if you have a lock on it and enable a gunship-strafe instead of fighter-default modus).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I\'d really like some kind of speed-lock... Perhaps I could even be able to get out of my core and walk around my ship without losing speed. If I left the ship\'s vicinity (think gravity area), it would auto-brake or something.

Reaction score
    That exactly. I liked the way the x-games handled speed. Having to accelerate to whatever speed you like and then it\'d stay at that speed until you decelerate.