option: prompt before destroying/removing filled storage units.

Reaction score
    ok so were all human right and make mistakes? (well maybe not all of us...) I for one many times now have accidentally removed a storage unit that contained a lot of goodies by accident now. and i have to get out of my build block and go pick them up and resort everything in astronaut mode.

in short it can be a very annoying and some what time consuming mistake. it could be easily avoidable if there is an option (in the config or ingame) for the game to prompt you before removing a storage container that is not empty while in build mode. Its not so much a problem in astronaut mode because you have to hold the button down for a sec or two to break the storage unit, but in build mode a simply accidental press will destroy the storage and dump all its items out.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    YES. Just yes. I want, it would make my life so much easier.

Could this also be applied to build blocks? How many times I have not thrown myself out of buildmode due to deleting the build block...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the amount of times I was mining a pirate station with a build block and I accidently mined

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the amount of times I was mining a pirate station with a build block and I accidently mined
    You shouldn't mine with build blocks!!! How dare you! :/

Just make them only remove-able if you try to remove just this one block type and with a safety delay after other build actions.
    Less annoying confirm-boxes, sufficient most of the time...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    You shouldn't mine with build blocks!!! How dare you! :/

Just make them only remove-able if you try to remove just this one block type and with a safety delay after other build actions.
    Less annoying confirm-boxes, sufficient most of the time...
    I don't mine with build blocks?! That's blasphemous D:

I was working on a big station and misclicked D:

Reaction score
    I agree with this as well. I think confirmation prompts for a lot of things would be helpful in the game. Here are a few more off the top of my head:
    • Removing factories with blocks inside them
    • Removing any type of weapons computer that is linked
    • Removing docking modules that are linked to enhancers
    • Removing faction blocks anywhere but especially on a homebase.
    • Exiting a ship while in motion. (I keep meaning to map "R" key to somewhere else on the keyboard since I tend to spazz out when I dogfight and inevitably exit my ship going 250 km/h)
    EDIT: Can't believe I forgot this one!!
    • "Undock all" in the structures tab for both Turrets and Docked ships.
    I'm sure there are more...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    thanks for the replies guys, glad to know im not the only one :p

And jimmy, you are so totally right. how could i forget all those other instances? especially the falling out of your ship thing. damn dave and his clumsyness. sometimes it makes me want to feed him to Hal while slowly singing daisy in a deep deep voice.