Option of Spawning and Shops on planet

Reaction score
    This is kind of random, but I'm a little of a sucker for realistic sci-fi games. But, when you spawn on a fresh universe, you are in space. How did you get there? I propose you have an option of spawning on a planet, with inhabitants, (i.e: shops, towns, etc.) so it would feel more realistic.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    +1 support!

this would make for great roleplaying!! they should introduce farming so you can start out small and sell your crops to the shop and when you have enough money build a ship and take off for the stars

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This also will relate to my farming suggestion, these would go GREAT together. also they should add vehicles!

Reaction score
    Any admin on a server can change the initial spawning position (this includes you in singleplayer). Just go find a planet you like, make a city on it, then pick a position and use /set_global_spawn

Unfortunately this is not a good thing for a multiplayer server because:

-Spawn sector is usually protected.

-People like to park their ships in protected sectors.

-Ships parked on planets (undocked) increase the server load MASSIVELY due to gravity pulling them towards the planet, forcing collision calculations to be done constantly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ^this and also I prefer to spawn in space.

Farming would be great but not as the starting of everyones games. Right now it already take some time to be rich enough to build pretty big ships and after the economic optimizations (i guess making game harder) it would take too much time before being able to go to space. And the farming should be another way of getting rich, not necessity at the beginning.

NPC shops on planets with living cities would be great and I think at some point they will be added. Maybe we will also have some sort of campaign in SP (dev or fan made) giving player a reason to exist in universe. Unlucky this game still needs more work with basic things as weapons, AI, creatures, bugs, glitches, etc.
    Unlucky because I really wish I could already play this game with all the planned features.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    no no no I My friend said that it is a OPTION to spawn on a planet and for multiplayer it will spawn you on different planets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This could be done by letting plexundeathinators be placed on planets. Can they be put on planets/asteroids already? Or is it just on stations?

Or are you strictly talking about default spawn? If so then I say there should be some sort of beginning space station in space to spawn on. Spawning on a planet on a fresh game means if you have no materials/money when you die and get sent back there, you would pretty much be stuck assuming you don\'t want to/can\'t use admin commands to give yourself more materials. No money means no way to buy more materials.
    Especially if you mined the planet dry of minerals. Of course this is unlikely, but from a programmers perspective it is best to have all possible (even unlikely) kinks worked out of a situation. If you spawned in space at least you could walk (float) over to far out asteroids for minerals or at least cannibalize a space station.

I\'d be down for spawning on planets though if there were ways to make money from the inhabitants.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you spawned in space at least you could walk (float) over to far out asteroids for minerals or at least cannibalize a space station.

Not without core. Not within \"a hour\" at least. Especially if shops are at the other side of the sun.

but from a programmers perspective it is best to have all possible (even unlikely) kinks worked out of a situation.

Give a free core on death (if the player don\'t has one already).