Option for Diagonal Block Placing

Want diagonal block placing to be added to the existing symmetry mode?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey guys, Forge here,
    I had an idea for diagonal block placement. It would allow players to place blocks diagonally instead of the traditional XYZ positions. I had a few ideas on how to do this, but none of them possible without a total revamping of the existing symmetry mode. One of my ideas was a symmetry mode similar to but slightly different to that used in HALO's forging. The XYZ structure would still be there, except that it would determine the length, width, and height of your object, followed by a check box that would reveal a second couple of bars that would control the diagonal aspect of your placement (yaw, pitch, and roll). Overall, the system would not only cover diagonal, but other hard-to-get-right angles, making it perfect for large or small-scale construction.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I want it, but it's probably impossible. So... meh.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I agree that it might be complex. Recently, I have been pulling out my hair on the diagonals of a large ship or station (you know how nature likes his octagons). The option for diagonal block placement would provide 2 bars to control 16-32 total "rotations" for a diagonal panel, as well as an extra bar to control the incline of your panel (45*, 30*, 15*, 5*)