Read by Council Online

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree but compared to other games like star citizen, no man's sky or even elite dangerous the only thing starmade has to offer over them is fleets and building your own ship/station from scratch.
    Elite Dangerous holds no interest for me, NMS wouldn't run on my system, and I have no idea what Star Citizen is. Not that it matters. There is nothing that prevents me from buying all three games. An official server would serve no purpose for me because I would never use it.
    Also, in case you forgot, StarMade is still in developement. There are a lot more things to 'offer' on the planning board.

So if this game wants to be succesful it'll need atleast : a global/official server, a goal (because there's actually no interest in this game but building) and optimizations for everything to run better.
    Regarding the need for a 'goal' you need to look up the definition of 'sandbox' and read some of the DevBlogs.
    Regarding the need for 'optimization' you need to look up the definition of 'alpha'.

But looks like those things will take too much time to get and by then the other games I mentioned will grow larger and larger, I already created a thread on that, we need solo gameplay set up (pirates, trading, etc) as soon as possible, because without that starmade is just a voxel sandbox.
    I play solo constantly and exclusively. " StarMade is a voxel-based 3D sandbox space shooter." That's a direct quote from the main page. If you were expecting something different from this game, you may want to head over to the Elite Dangerous forums.

(And just what exactly is wrong with a voxel sandbox? iirc, Notch made a couple of dollars off the concept.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...I have no idea what Star Citizen is.
    Ok... it's totally fair that you wouldn't be interested in it, but how have you not even heard of Star Citizen!?! Do you live under a rock?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had heard of it. And have since looked it up. My system wouldn't handle it and it looks like an Elite clone. Nice graphics, but I have better things to do then pretend I'm awesome by killing noobs. Not interested.
    (it's a cave, actually)

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Before I type this, I just want to say I have not read the entire thread. So my apology's if someone else brought this up.

What I would like to see, is somewhat like what I read in a suggestion thread before. I am pretty sure it was said they wanted to look into it but didn't say it would ever make it into the game.

Server Clustering.
    Each galaxy would be controlled by a separate server. Depending on where you leave the galaxy, would determine what other galaxy (and thus server) that you then connect too. You could have wars between servers with this method.

I would go a bit further, and say that community servers should be able to join the cluster. Requirements would be that the server config files and such could not be altered. basically vanilla game play. The Dev's would also need to set a min spec bar for servers to become part of the cluster. Extra rules on how/why/when admins could ban may need to be put in place as well. BUT allowing admins to poliece the servers would mean actual hackers could be found and kicked right away.

Though it may be better to have "Official Clusters" and "Unofficial Clusters". Official ones would be Dev run, while the Unofficial are groups of admins with their own servers, who would work together and agree on a shared server setup.

THEN you could still have standalone dedicated servers as well for all those mods and crazy server game modes that people will find.

Just my 2 cents. No idea how it would be implemented or if it would be reasonable to code for starmade.